-10-

I leaned with my cheek against the top of Annabeth's head as we continued to watch the movie. She's a total daddy's girl. Annabeth squirmed a little and got comfortable in my lap again her small hand on mine as I felt the ever watchful eyes of my wife on me and I smiled.
"Daddy?" She said.
"Yes hun?" I said.
"For Halloween will you be Captain America so I can be your Best Girl?" Annabeth said.
I chuckled looking at my wife.
"Sure sweetheart." I said smiling, "You and mommy will always be my best girls."
Annabeth smiled. She got down turning off the Dvd player as the playing credits came over the screen. I wandered to the kitchen to find my wife.
"Hey." She said smiling leaning against the counter. I half smiled when she came closer hugging me.
"What's up?" I said looking down at her.
"You look like you needed a hug." She said quietly.
"Sounds like you need it more than me." I said.
"Really?" She said.
"Positive." I said.
"Mommy!!!!!!!!!!!" Anna shouted running to us, "Daddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Annabeth came running into the kitchen breathing hard panting worrying me and my wife. I kneeled coming to Annabeths level as my wife squatted beside me.
"What's the matter Love-bug?" I say taking our girls hand in mine.
"She's gone!!" Anna exclaimed.
"Who's gone?" I said. Suddenly, my wife ran off to Mary Katherines room and I followed Annabeth behind us.
"Oh my god Mike..." my wife gasped falling to her knees in front of the empty crib as I came to comfort her but then Anna came back with MK upset she'd been found.

So, what do you think? Tell me in the comments below.