Forbidden Love (Part II)

No explanation needed. Just part two of the last one shot.

Hiccups POV
Today was the day. The day I would get married to someone I don't love and losing the person I do love. But it was for the village. So I decided to do the right thing.

Isobel had been staying in the village for the past 3 days to get used to it because when we get married (shudders) she'll have to live with m..me

Isobel's POV
I know I'm getting married today, and I know I don't want to. For two reasons. One, back in my village I've already found the one person I truly love. And two, I know that the guy I'm marrying already has a girl he's found and loves. It just doesn't seem right, I don't know what to do...

WAIT

I've got an idea.

No ones POV
Everyone was seated in the Great Hall patiently waiting for the bride to walk down the aisle. Hiccup was standing out the front with a shiny smile on (if you don't know what a shiny smile is , it's a fake, forced smile.) wishing that everything was a nightmare so he could wake up and find out that he still had the freedom to marry whoever he wanted to. By that I mean Astrid. But no. This was reality this wa...
Hiccups thoughts got interrupted when the music started playing as the cue for when Isobel would walk down the aisle.

Isobel's POV
As I walked down the aisle, I took a deep breath. I could see Hiccup standing in front of me with a shiny smile on. I don't blame him, I don't like this either. But my plan is going to work. I know it will. As the person who read out the things he says at weddings, (I don't know what they're called sorry!) he finally said,
"Do you, Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the third, take Isobel Pederson (IDEK) to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." I heard him mumble

"And do you, Isobel Pederson, take Hiccup Horrendous the third to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

No. I say.
I hear the audience gasp. I grab the microphone and say,
This isn't right, we shouldn't be forced into a marriage with someone we don't know, or even love. It doesn't feel right. And I know that Hiccup here loves someone else. And he deserves to be with that lucky girl. And I've got someone I love back at my village and I deserve to be with him. We should be able to decide who we want to be with us for the rest of our lives! It doesn't feel right to take someone away from someone they love. So that is why I can't, no, WONT marry Hiccup.

"Thank you" I hear him whisper.

Anytime. I whisper back.

Hiccups POV
As soon as Isobel finished her little speech, i thanked her and looked around the hall finding a particular person. When I found her seated a couple of rows near the front, I ran towards her and engulfed her in a hug. I didn't care who was watching, all I cared about was her. Astrid. Fearless Astrid Hofferson. The girl of my dreams.

Astrids POV
Hiccup engulfed me in a hug so tight I thought I was going to suffocate. He pulled away and rested his head on my shoulder.
"I love you, Astrid."

I love you too. I say.
OH we need to remember to thank Isobel for what she did just now, I added.

"Yeah you're right. But she's staying for a couple more days so we can do that later."

I smiled at him. The man of my dreams had no longer needed to marry another person. That's a relief! At least now I can relax and not worry about him marrying some other girl.

You don't know how much I love you. I said

"I think I do. I'm pretty sure I love you more though."
He said as he grabbed my waist and pulled me in for a kiss.

No ones POV
"Ah young love eh Stoick?"

"Aye gobber, I don't know why I made hiccup marry that girl in the first place."

"You were desperate cheif."

"I know, I know. But look! Hiccup and Astrid look so happy together."

"Aye. They love each other, there's no doubt about that."

"I just hope one day they'll give me some grandchildren to play with!"

"Ah I don't want to think about it. Blegh"

This was... I think the longest chapter I've written so far 😂. Don't expect many one shots with more than one page cause this takes up too much of my time I'm meant to be studying. AAHHHHHH I'm so nervous, the test is in 2 days guys! TWO DAYS! Wish me luck! (And don't expect another story until next week soooo yeahh.)
Peace out!
-Hiccstrid_Lover_III