Chapter 2

Her view.

"So Cassidy, tell me what you do." Tarquin leans forward with a curious expression on his face. "And how you met Harry. The newspapers didn't really print much." He pauses and looks at Harry. "Aunt Anne is quite upset at you."
"She'll get over it." Harry shrugs. "She has Louis to get it right for her."
"Louis isn't getting married as well, is he?" Tarquin's eyes widen with glee. "Oh, wait until I tell--"
"Tarquin." Harry rolls his eyes. "Calm down. You're overwhelming Cassidy." He shakes his head and turns to look at me. "How are you feeling my dear?"
"Huh?" My jaw drops. My dear? Really? He's really putting it on.  I try not to laugh in his face as I contemplate telling him just where I want him to jump from.
I lean back in the Rolls Royce that's escorting us to the royal palace.

Everything is so surreal. The chauffeur bowed when he saw Harry and me. He actually bowed. And then he held the door for me and everyone was waiting for me to make my way into the back of the car first. It was so weird. I'm not used to that. Guys back home wouldn't even hold the door open for me when we went on dates.
"Are you jelagged?" His eyes dance as he mocks me and reaches over and touches my forehead.
"Funny." I glare at him. "We were only flying for about two hours."
"I suppose you're still tired from Paris>"
"Yeah, perhaps." I look out of the window and stare at the city we are passing through quickly. "It's so quaint here."
"Don't let looks fool you. There's nothing quaint about Romeria." Harry licks his lips slowly. "I'll be happy to--"
"Harry, I hope you didn't tell her that Romeria is like London or even Berlin." Tarquin grins. "She'll leave from boredom." He looks at me. "Not much goes on here. Everyone knows everyone, and let's jut say everyone is excited to meet the famous Cassidy Franklin."
"Famous?" I grimace.
"Oh, yes." He pulls out his phone. "I've had texts from all my friends asking about you. If you're as pretty as your photograph. If you're nice. If I think you're a gold-digger."
"It wasn't me who said it." Harry interjects loudly and puts his hands up. "Please say I'm safe."
"For now." I give him a look and try not to smile.
"What are you two talking about?" Tarquin looks confused and I shake my head.
"Don't worry about it." I laugh. "I can't believe people thought I was pretty." I smile happily. "I've never thought I photographed particularly well. So that's nice to hear."
"Are you joking?" Tarquin looks shocked and then looks at Harry with a curious expression. "Is she joking?"
"Joking about what?" I frown and gasp as I see a huge palace in the distance. "Oh my God, that's not where you live? That looks bigger than Buckingham Palace."

I stare at the huge building as we pass through the ornate gold gates.
"Yes, that's my home." Harry says dryly. "And Tarquin is shocked that you would inquire if you are pretty or not. We're not used to modesty in Romeria. Mostly every pretty girl knows she's pretty. So for him to meet a beautiful girl like you and for you to be shocked that others can see your beauty, well, it astounds him."
"I'm not beautiful, though." My face burns a deep red as I play with my hair and stare at them both. What is he talking about? As far as I am concerned, I am fairly average. There is nothing that screams beautiful to me when I look in the mirror. Granted there are days that I feel more pretty than others, but I've never felt beautiful.
"Is she for real?" Tarquin speaks to Harry but stares at me. "You're gorgeous, Cassidy."
"You think so?" I look down, feeling embarrassed.
"Of course you are." Harry frowns. "Your hair is silky and a deep, rich chestnut brown. Your eyes are warm and open. Your skin is smooth and your complexion resembles that of a juicy peach. Your body is curved like a sexy statue. You, my dear, are as close to a work of art as a woman can get."
"You're joking." I bite my lower lip and stare at him in confusion.
"Why don't you believe?" Harry's eyes narrow.
"Most guys like girls with blond hair, blue eyes, skinny waists..." My voice trails off. "That's a vision of beauty in America to some people."
Harry shrugs. "Yes, there are beautiful blondes and beautiful skinny women. However, no woman should think that they have to fit those three characteristics to be seen as beautiful. You, my dear, are a natural beauty."

He picks up my hand and runs his fingers up my arm and then to my neck. "Here in Romeria, we value the beauty in every woman. And I'm a man who likes a bit of flesh on my woman's bones." His fingers get to my waist and then to my leg, where he rubs my thigh.
My body is on high alert as he touches me and I can feel a fire burning up in my legs.
"I'm not sure any woman likes to be told she has a bit of flesh on her bones as their stomach is being rubbed." I laugh. "But I'll let it slide."
"Harry can be a bit of an ass, sometimes." Tarquin grins at me again. "Don't mind him."
"Haha, I try not to anymore."
"Really?" Harry moves closer to me. "Is that so, Cassidy?" His hand moves back up my thigh and slips inside of my leg.
The movement makes me jump and he laughs. "Are you okay, my dear?"
"Stop calling me that." I hiss at him, and I see Tarquin looking away with a smile.
"What else did my mother say, Tarq?" Harry ignores me and puts his arm around my shoulder. "And did Father say anything?"
"Uncle Desmond just laughed." Tarquin grins. "That didn't make Aunt Anne very happy."
"She's still in shock, I suppose."
"I thought you were never getting married."
"I'm not." Harry snaps at his cousin and then realizes his mistake. "I mean I never thought I was going to, until I met Cassidy. She took my breath away when I saw her. It was only when I saw her that I realized what I was missing out on."