Chapter 7

Her view.

"Cassidy, it's okay. You don't have to try and make me feel better. I'd think I was a psycho if I was him."
"I wish you could come out here."
"Why don't I?"
"I'll only be here for a week." I whisper into the phone. "Then Harry will have no need for me."
"What?" Anna sounds pissed. "You are not going to really let this guy use you, are you?"
"I don't know what to do."
"Cassidy, remember this. You are beautiful. You are good. You are kind. You don't need no losers."
"Are you misquoting that movie?" I ask, laughing, but happy at her words.
"What movie?"
"The Help? You know that scene where she says 'you is this and you is that'?"
"'You is' isn't proper grammar."
"Anna, I swear. Sometimes you're so annoying."
"What? I'm an English major. It's something I pay attention to."
"Anyways, I just wanted to tell you I was okay and not to worry."
"I'm still going to worry."
"You shouldn't worry. I'll be fine."
"I can't help but worry. This isn't part of the plan. This isn't something you do."
"We all change and do crazy things."
"You're not the one who's supposed to do crazy things, though."
"I can't be boring Cassidy Franklin anymore."
"I think you lost that title the night you slept with Prince Harry of Romeria for the first time."
"You're so bad."
"Actually, I think you're the bad one."
"No, I'm not." I giggle and then pause as I hear the shower in the bathroom stop. "Anyways, I really have to go. I think Harry is about to get out of the shower."
"What? Are you sleeping in the same room? What?"
"It's a long story, Anna," I whisper.
"Don't tell me he's a prince, but lives in some sort of one-bedroom apartment or something? He's not a poor prince, is he?"
"No, Anna."

I roll my eyes. "His family is rich. Even the toilet is plated in gold. And I already told you I'm staying at the palace. You even exclaimed that you're so jealous I'm staying in a "palace or something like that."
"So how is it that you two are sharing a room?" she demands.
"He kinda told his parents we were engaged."
"WHAT?" Anna shouts into the phone.
"Anna, be quiet." I whisper. "It's a long story, but basically we were in—"
"You were where with who?" Harry's dry voice interrupts me as he walks out of the bathroom, drops of water rolling down his body effortlessly. A towel's tied around his waist and he leans against the door as he stares at me.
"Nothing. Look Anna, I have to go." I hang up the phone quickly and stare at Harry. "I don't appreciate you eavesdropping on my conversations."
"You really didn't have a reasonable expectation of privacy talking to your friend in my bedroom, Cassidy." He shrugs and walks towards me. He shakes his head back and forth and water drops are flying. He looks back up at me and I smile at how crazy the top of his head looks.
"Reasonable expectation of privacy what?" I frown and jump up.
"Sorry, it's a term we use in the law."
"I thought you studied art."
"And law." He grins.
"Well, bully for you." I roll my eyes.
"A future king has to be knowledgeable in most things."
"What aren't you knowledgeable in?"
"Your mind." He says softly and his expression changes. "And the way I feel when..." His voice trails and he shakes his head. "What games are you playing with me, Cassidy? What magical powers do you have?"
"What games am I playing with you?" I give him a look. "Is that a joke?"
"No joke."
"And I guess the only power I have over you is the power of the pussy." I say lightly and then slap my hand to my mouth. I didn't expect to say that out loud. "Oops, I didn't mean that."
"Sure you didn't." He stops in front of me. "Maybe you're using your pussy to trap me."
"Harry." My face reddened.
"What?"
"That word is so crude."
"You just used it." He rolls his eyes. "Did you not?"
"By mistake."
"Go and get in the shower, Cassidy. You're confusing me."
"I'm confusing you? I don't even really know why I'm here."
"What's there to know?" His voice is exasperate and he walks to the closet. "Do you have anything appropriate to wear to dinner tonight?"
"Appropriate?" I stop at the bathroom door and look back at him. "What does that mean?"
"Something a bit nicer than what you had on today? Something befitting the fiancé of a prince of Europe."
"Oh, because what I was wearing earlier wasn't nice enough?"
"You have to admit it was a bit scrubby." He shrugs. "I know you don't have money, but do you have to dress like you shop at, what's that store, Walmart?"
"Are you telling me you think my clothes come from Walmart?" My jaw drops at his audacity. Is he really telling me that my clothes look cheap? I know I am being more indignant than I should be.

To be honest, many of my clothes come from Target and Walmart, and I am proud of it. I'm pretty sure I am smart, buying jeans for $15 as opposed to $1500.
"I'm just asking if you have anything nice to wear tonight."
"Sure." I nod sweetly. I'll show him. "I have something really nice to wear tonight."
"Good." He nods in satisfaction. "Now go and shower."
"Yes, boss." I mumble under my breath as I walk into the bathroom, and I hear him laughing behind me.