Chapter 10

His view.

Cassidy looks up at me with wide brown eyes. I can see the curiosity in her gaze as she stares at me. All I want to do is throw her back on the bed and rip her shorts and shirt off. She just doesn't understand what she does to me. She doesn't understand that the mere sight of her makes me hard. She doesn't realize that she has a spell over me. Of course, I'm not going to tell her that.

I don't know the power she has over me. I have to give her just enough information. I don't want to scare her away. I don't want her to know the real reason she's here. She's still too timid for that. I'm taking a huge risk bringing her here. I'm not sure how she's going to react once I introduce her to the circle. She might flee and ruin everything. I have to trust her. I need to trust her. I need her to be my next partner. I want to watch her face as I introduce her to a lifestyle she never dreamed existed.

"So?" She licks her lips nervously, and I tilt my head and just look at her for a few seconds. I run my hands through my hair and look at her lips for a few seconds imagining it was my tongue tasting her and exploring the sweetness of her mouth.
"You're right, this wasn't just for me. It was for you as well."
"Okay? How was this for me?"
"I wanted you to experience the most pleasure you could."
"What pleasure am I experiencing when your cousin and mother are dissing me and my dress sense?"
"I'm talking about sexual pleasure."
"It's always about sex for you, isn't it?"
"Cassidy, I don't want to lie to you, and I don't want you to lie to me. This is all about sex for both of us, isn't it?"
"No." Her face reddens.
"Are you sexually attracted to me?"
"What does this have to do with anything?" She looks away from me and crosses her legs. I know I am getting to her.
"We're here because we have an amazing sexual connection. We're here because I haven't had enough of you yet. I'm here because I want to take you on a journey—"
"Another journey?" She raises an eyebrow at me.
"Not a literal journey. I want to take you on a journey of the mind and soul. I want to take your body on a journey that you've never been on before."
"What are you saying?"
"Do you trust me?"
"No." She makes a face and I laugh.
"I guess no one can say you're not honest."
"So what are you trying to tell me?" She leans forward and frowns.
"Do you trust me?" I ask again softly and stare into her eyes, searching for an honest answer.
"I guess so," she says reluctantly, and I grin and walk over and join her on the bed.
"Cassidy," I sit next to her and grab her hands. They feel warm and soft next to my palms. "I'm part of a club."
"What club? The country club?"
"I guess you could say it's like a country club in that it's exclusive."
"Okay?" She looks at me curiously. "And?"
"And I want you to come with me to the club one day."
"I didn't bring a tennis racquet."
"That's not the working out we'll be doing."
"What?" Her eyes narrow. "What do you mean?"
"You'll see." I study her face and stop talking. I know she isn't ready. I'm not even sure I am ready. It will be crossing every ethical boundary I know. I haven't thought it out properly. It's risky involving her. I don't know why I am so drawn to her or why I want her to be a part of this with me.

I have to make sure that Louis doesn't find out. Not that he really knows about the club. Only heirs to the thrones of different countries are allowed to take part. I don't think he'll approve if he knows about it.
I've been a part of the club for a few years. I've gone to see what it was about and then stayed for other reasons. I've enjoyed going up until the last girl had blindsided me with her blackmail offer. I didn't trust anyone after that, but I feel Cassidy's different. I don't think she'll try and get one over on me. And frankly, I am willing to risk it. I want to experience the club with someone like Cassidy. I am excited just thinking about it.

***

Her view.

I am surprised that Harry doesn't try to sleep with me when we go to bed. He's every inch the gentleman, even though a part of me wishes that he'll try something. Not that I'll succumb. I just want to feel like he can't keep his hands off of me. I am also more disappointed than I thought I was going to be at the fact that he's worn his boxers to bed. It's nice sleeping next to him and feeling him press up against me, though I know it would be nicer if he's naked.

I wake up feeling tired and dissatisfied. I am sexually aroused and have been since we arrived, yet there is nothing I can do. Or there is nothing I can do and not feel easy. Even though we've already slept together, I still feel like I have to keep my legs closed for a few days in Romeria. I don't want him to think I am his plaything, to do with what he wants. However, a part of me wonders why I care. Am I just playing games and wasting time? Will I regret never allowing myself to enjoy every hour of this week? I want Harry. I crave him sexually. His body sets mine on fire. He's the water to my ice, the heat to my flame, the secret to my pleasure. It's not helping that he told me he wants me to join a club with him. I've been so mad when he didn't tell me exactly what the club is. I want to know so badly. My mind's on all sorts of things. What sort of club is it? A part of me wonders if it has something to do with art. Is he going to fly me all over Europe so we can see different pieces of art? Maybe he really appreciates the fact that he met someone who loves art as much as he does. However, a part of me believes that it's not art that he's talking about. A part of me believes that the club is something darker and more nefarious. Some part of me is excited and scared by the possibilities.

"Good morning, Cassidy." Harry's voice whispers in my ear as he distracts me from my thoughts. "Did you have a good night?"
"I did, thank you. You?" I open my eyes and peer at him with a shy smile. I am immediately struck by how devastatingly handsome he looks in the morning. He has stubble all across his chin and his hair falls forward and covers his sparkling green eyes. It's so unfair, how can he look so handsome in the morning? I know that there is no way that I look like a tousled beauty. I am confident in the fact that my hair is a frizzy mess, my eyeliner is smudged, and I most probably had bags under my eyes from lack of good sleep.