Chapter 3

Her view.

I watch Harry talk and for a few seconds, I almost believed it was real. For a few seconds, I stare at his profile and think all my dreams are really coming true. Maybe he really does love me. Maybe I am the one he always wanted. Yeah, Cassidy, and maybe pigs fly. I chide myself silently.
"Once he saw me, he knew he had to have me." I speak up and smile sweetly at Harry. "He knew that I was the one he wanted to marry." I reach over and grab his arm. "And we're going to go and get me a nice big ring tomorrow, aren't we?"

I almost burst out laughing as his eyes narrow at me. Take that, Harry. Two can play your game.
"Sure, right after we get the toys."
"What toys?" Is he seriously going to talk about board games now?
"Oh, you know, the toys that will make your orgasms even more powerful." He grins and grabs my hand so that I can't remove it. "And maybe something that will make that other thing more attractive to you."
"What other thing?" I whisper, embarrassed that Tarquin is listening to us talk about sex. Has Harry no shame?
"You know, the back--"
"Harry!" I cry out loudly. "Enough." I look at Tarquin surreptitiously to see if he has figured out what Harry was about to say. My face is burning a bright red. I am pretty sure that if cars could see me, they'd think I'm a stop sign.
"Yes, my dear." Harry leans back and runs his hands through his hair. "Just wanted to make sure you were still excited."
"I'm not excited." I lean over and whisper in his ear. "We need to talk when you're ready. And when I say, 'when you're ready,' I mean as soon as we're in private. I'm not about to just sit here and--"
"Oh Cassidy." He turns his head, grabs my face and kisses me hard. His lips press down onto mine, shutting me up as his tongue enters my mouth. I suck on it eagerly as if I've been in some sort of drought. His fingers make their way to my hair and he massages my scalp as he sucks on my tongue. My body reacts swiftly and I feel myself relaxing as feelings of passion overwhelm me.

"Get a room you two." Tarquin's laugh brings me back to reality and I pull back from Harry, feeling slightly ashamed.
"I'm sorry." I turn to him with a white red face. "I forgot you were here."
"It's fine." He shrugs, as if it's completely normal. "It happens to me all the time."
"Oh." I bite my lower lip, wanting him to clarify his response. Did it happen all the time generally? Or did it happen all the time when he's with Harry? Does Harry have a habit of making out with women when he's around? Not that I doubt that's true, but it makes me feel incredibly sad and jealous. It's hard being the fake fiancé of a handsome bachelor.
"So what do you do, Cassidy? Are you excited to be in Romeria? Are you excited to meet Harry's parents? What do your parents think of your engagement to Harry? Did they think it was fast? Did they--"
"Enough, Tarquin." Harry's voice is authoritative. "That's enough. You can ask Cassidy more questions tomorrow."
"Or in a week." I say sweetly, while wondering how in the hell we are going to extricate ourselves from this fake engagement in one week. I can already see the look of disappointment on Tarquin's face when we 'break up'.

I'm really not sure why Harry's having us go along with this plan. It makes no sense. I know he said he's doing this to keep my reputation from being ruined by the tabloids, but I don't really care what they have to say.
It seems like a huge over exaggeration and I am slightly worried that a week with Harry is gonna be too much for me. Playing his fiancé will make everything seem real and I'm not sure that's such a good idea. Anna will go crazy of course. She'll be excited for me and then she'll panic.

Part of me wonders what Louis' thinking. He'll think it's weird, I'm sure. He doesn't know that I knew his brother before the class, and he knows that I can't stand Harry. We both joked about how pompous he is and what an arrogant jerk he can be. He'll think I've gone crazy. I cringe as I realize he might think I'm some sort of gold digger. That makes me feel sad. I really hope he realizes that there's more to the story than he knows.
"Very funny, Cassidy." Harry stares at me for a few seconds and then he slowly brushes something off of my cheek. "Get ready, you're about to meet my parents. My mother is very astute and can be difficult. Don't let her overwhelm you."
"I won't, dear fiancé." I smile at him sweetly.
"I do believe you're enjoying this." He shakes his head and stares at me with surprised eyes. "I thought you'd feel out of your element."
"You don't know me very well then." I grin at him and wink. "You don't know me at all."
"Why do I think that's the truth?"

The car stops and he jumps out of the door and reaches a hand in to guide me out. "Welcome to my home, Cassidy. Welcome to the Royal Palace of Romeria."
"Don't you mean our home, Harry?" My eyes laugh at him as I make my way out of the car. "Isn't this to become my home as well?" I slide out of the backseat and gasp as I stare at the palace in front of me. It's even grander than I thought when I've been looking at it through the window.
There are trees and ponds framing the front of the building and every inch of grass is perfectly manicured. There are statues at the entrance to the palace and I want to run over and study them in more detail. Then I notice two figures coming out of the tall black doors that make up the entrance to the palace.
I know right away that it's Harry's parents, and it's in this moment that it suddenly hits me. I'm going to be lying to a king and queen. The king and queen of an entire country.
Oh my God, what have I got myself into this time?

"Ready, darling?" Harry grabs my hand and leads me towards his parents. My throat dries up and I don't respond. I have no smart response this time. Who could ever be ready for this??