Chapter Two.

AN. Going back to first person third so extra 😂

Layla Cephus. 🌺

"Don't act like that girl we just playing," Tamia apologized as she was speaking about my father. "Well that's not shit I take too kindly," I spat slamming my locker.
"Your daddy was fine though, look at your brother.. The resemblance if your dad was still here I'd possibly be fucking him," Rosslyn said causing my anger to flood through me.

I just quickly walked away before it became an altercation.

"Bighead!" My brother called causing me to whip my head around yet again, he motioned his finger for me to come over.

"What?" I asked chewing my gum annoyed by the past conversation with my so called "friends"

"What happened wit thang one and thang two?" He asked and I looked up at him, he truly did resemble our father.

"They speaking on shit they don't know about," Kody then eased off from against the locker, "what was said?" He asked.

Truth was he hated to see me upset and I truly was but I didn't need him getting his ghetto ass home girls in the mix to beat they asses.

"Nothing it wasn't anything to be.. I don't know," I shrugged then I felt someone flick my hair and I turned around seeing Quavious.

This man had perfection written all over him.

"Hey," I smiled exposing my deep dimples, inherited from my lovely mother.

Quavious licked his lips and kept his mouth agape looking around with a blushing type look on his face.

"Y'all is cousins!" Kody hollered laughing.

I looked down pushing my long strands of hair behind my ear, "we know.." I said starting to walk off but Quav quickly grabbed my arm, "what you doin'?" He asked wrapping his arms around my waist looking down at my five foot frame.

"Nothing," I said staring up at his six foot build.

"Mm," he hummed causing my cheeks to turn rosey red with blush. He breathed out, "you better go to class," he mumbled as he placed his lips against the skin of my neck.

"I can't watch this shit," Kody mumbled under his breath walking off with DJ mouse ass trailing behind him.

"I will," I whined and he let me go placing a kiss on my lips, "bye daddy," I said sticking out my tongue at him.

"Bye," he said then I looked down not even realizing we were holding hands and I pulled away quickly walking to class before I was late.

I entered the room seeing Kody already sitting in his seat in the back of the class.

"Why y'all goin' out?" Kody as having am expression of disgust come about.

"Shut up cause you fucked Monica," I said and he chuckled, "that's a good one," he said pointing at me having his small pendant chains clank.

I stared at him admiring his features, "you look so much like him.." I said and he looked up at me from his desk, "I know.. Mom say that shit all the damn time.." He said lowly.

I smiled exposing my dimples, "its okay.. I miss him too," I said noticing his eyes were softening and I could tell what he was thinking.

"Right.." He chuckled, "but I don't wanna think too much about it.."

I nodded then I turned around trying to listen to the teacher's mouth but I kept zoning back to the past.

"Kody?" I called not seeing him in his bed beside me. I stood up hearing my little feet tap the floor as I exited the room, I went into the large hall seeing him sitting against the wall.

"Kody?" I said then he looked up at me shaking with tears running down his cheeks.

"Brudder what wrong?" I asked with my small voice echoing, he quickly stood up.

"Go back in the room Lay," he said sternly wiping his eyes quickly.

"Where's mudder and daddy?" I asked wanting my daddy to come take me back to bed and shower me with kisses like he always did.

"Just go back to sleep.. Come on," he said and I could hear mommy crying. But why mommy cry?

Kody wrapped his arm around my neck slowly walking me down the hall, I stopped and turned around having a clear view of my parents room.

I saw my father's body laying on the floor, I quickly turned my head back around letting out a gasp.

"Come on," Kody said pulling me back to bed.

"Layla do you have an answer?" Mr. Pagan asked and I shook my head looking down at the paper on my desk, "no sir."

"Alright then pay attention," he said sternly then I looked towards the window wiping the tear that rolled down my cheek.

.

"Imma go home eat some chicken then imma call y'all," Justin said causing me to laugh as we all stood in the parking lot.

"Yeah sounds about right, but hey my mama makin' that rice and beans shit with some enchiladas," Quavious said rubbing his hands together.

Dj's face scrunched up in confusion, "why it gotta be rice and beans shit.. Why it can't just be regular rice and beans?" He asked.

I nodded starting to laugh, "right."

"Fuck what y'all talkin' bout imma get me some pussy then we goin' to that party Mac ass throwin'," Kody said smiling.

"I can't go," I responded then they all looked at me stunned, "why the fuck not?" Justin asked causing me to laugh slightly.

"Cause I have a final I take on Monday and I need to study alll weekend," I said then Quavious smirked, I bit my bottom lip looking at my pink toes.

"Yeah I can't go either, my mom want me stay for dinner and sayin' we havin' family night cause my nephew comin'," Quav said and I knew all too well he was lying his ass off.

Kody kissed his teeth raising his chin up, placing his hand over his wrist, "y'all a bunch of bitches," he spat boldly causing us all to began laughing.

"Kody am I riding with you?" I asked pointing to our dad's Porsche he had took over.

"Hell no, ride with yo cousin," he spat laughing then I flipped him off, "Quav is not my cousin!" I mumbled angrily under my breath.

"That's your cousin," Dj, Justin, and Kody said at the exact same time.

I flipped them all off entering Quav's black audi.