Chapter Five.

King Kody. 🔫

I aimed the gun at the mirror with my hand practically on the trigger, "fuck you say 'bout my daddy bitch?" I questioned narrowing my eyes at my reflection imagining it be someone else.

"Well fuck ya life," I spat then I pulled the trigger over and over, no bullets came out.

My door opened causing me to jump so I accidentally pushed the trigger and I heard Layla scream dropping down tp the floor.

"YOU TRYNA SHOOT ME NIGGA?" She asked standing up and I looked shocked.

"It wasn't no bullets in it when.." I suddenly stopped talking with my mouth still open.

"Where the fuck you get a gun from anyways?" She asked curious not wanting to enter my room.

"I found it," I said being honest then I looked down at it in my hand.

"Well put it back where you got it from.. I heard that you punched Quentin in the mouth?" She asked causing me to chuckle.

"He was talkin' shit about my dad the fuck?" I said having my anger rewash over me. "Yeah that's why I was mad at Rosslyn and Mia earlier," she admitted.

"Fuck them.. Fuck all them forreal," I said walking to my large closet, reaching up grabbing a shoebox, placing the gun inside.

"I miss dad," she said looking down at her pink polished toes.

"You'll be aight, just get some sleep.." I assured her and she looked up at me smiling, "night," then she closed the door back.

I flopped onto my bed looking up at the ceiling. I miss my dad too honestly but ain't shit neither of us could do to bring him back.

"You havin' fun?" My dad asked lookin' down at me. "Yesh but I want a.. I want a funnel cake," I said lookin' up at him as he held my hand. "Bet," he said walkin' towards the small kiosk gettin' me a funnel cake with icecream and chocolate syrup on it.

He handed the lthge plater to me and I stared down at it, "its huuuge," I said and he laughed.

"You just small," he said walking to a bench and I sat down watching people walk by going towards rides. "I am not small I rode all the big kid rides this year," I said and he laughed, "you right.."

I started tearing into the soft goodness eating it.

"You can be small right now but one day you gone be tall as the sky and can't nobody tell you shit.." He said confidently.

"Why not?" I asked with my mouth stuffed. "Because you a Cephus and we don't take shit from nobody... You just gone be a better person than I ever was," he mumbled the last part.

I continued chewing in my mind thinking, how could me being so small grow uo to be as tall as the ceiling?
And I didn't wanna be like anyone else I wanted to be just like my dad..

I wiped my tear that fell and climbed under the blanket quickly falling asleep.

Morning.  ☀

"Quav stoppp," I heard Layla holler as I was tryin' to sleep she too fuckin' loud.

I stood up walkin' to the bathroom takin' a nice long piss.

"Fuck," I said feeling completely relieved.

I walked to the sink looking at my somewhat cracked mirror cause one day I was mad and I punched it.

I washed my hands also brushing my teeth and washin' my sexy ass face.

"I'n tired of this shit," I mumbled playing with nappy fro.