Chapter Twenty-Nine.

Kody 🔫.

I entered Kita's house and it was dead silent, I walked up the steps and the TV began growin' louder as I inched closer to her room. 

I pushed open her door and there she laid, flippin' through channels.
"You good?" She asked and I nodded, "we ran the fuck out.."

She smiled, "good.. Come here," she patted the bed scootin' back so I could enter. I removed all my clothes includin' my boxers and she placed her arm over my waist, laying her head on my chest.

"Kita why we keep playin'?" I asked rubbin' her back, goin' lower grippin' into her ass. "Nobody playing Kody.. We not gone get together no more.. I'm tired of everything honestly."

"Why y'all do that honestly shit, like damn a nigga know you expressin' ya feelings," I questioned and she kissed her teeth, removin' her arm from around me and had her back facin' me.

"So we done or we finished?" I asked and she laughed.

"Shut up Kody," she spat, I squeezed into her backside then I moved closer towards her. "Kody," she whined and I laughed, I quickly pulled away.

"I can't stand your cousin," I spat.

She then breathed out, "I have no idea why he's back in town, everytime he is.. Someone dies," she slowly mumbled the last part.

"So like.. What? Yo family like mine and you never told me or ju-"

"Just my cousin.. And his family.. But mainly him."

I nodded, "The way he keeps tabs on your father.. I-I don't know. And he seems to like Layla."

"Cousin or not, I'll kill that nigga if he touch my little sister," I spat bein' completely honest. I'll kill my bestfriend if I had too.. Over my sister, no matter what the situation.

"Kody he wants Layla, I can tell," she admitted frantic like.

"So what am I supposed to do" I questioned.

"Nothing, just keep em apart..  but she's already caught in his web and it's gonna take alot to pull her out and Quav needs to just allow it.."

I quickly sat up, "fuck that! You know how he is about her.. That's his first love.. His baby mom's."

Kita swallowed, "then he's gonna get poisoned."

"Kita cut it with the damn metaphorical speakin' and shit!" I hollered at her, "I'll be damned if I lose my brother again."

"Just keep Layla away from him.. Better yet, I'll do it," Kita spat. I nodded slowly, I'll be damned if I lose my brother.

Next Day.

Layla 🌺 .

"So I was thinking we go out of town a few days," Kita mumbled poking around her bourbon chicken. "For?" I questioned raising an eyebrow.

She shrugged, "just to get away.. Kody said he'll pay for it..."

I shook my head, "Kody never volunteers to pay for anything," I laughed, "so whats going on?" I asked reading the worried expression on her face.

"Fuck it imma get straight to the point," she breathed out and started to speak, "my co-"

"What y'all doin' here?" a voice asked beside me, both our heads shot in the direction.

There stood Scrapp with his hair braided into two braids going back.

"We were actually sho-"

"We was leaving," Kita mumbled and I shrugged, "that too.."

Scrapp sat beside me, "so I was wondering if you wanted to do dinner with me tonight?" He asked pushing a strand of my long hair behind my ear.

"Why should I?" I asked biting my bottom lip, looking into his eyes.

"Cause I need to know more about you like I told you last night," he kissed my cheek gently and them stared into my eyes. "What he mean last night?" Kita asked seeming shocked but slightly amused.

"Well she came over because I invited her and we drunk wine, that was it," he smiled.

"Layla don't drink," Kita defended.

"Well she was last night," he said lowly.

Kita glared at him, "she has a nigga why you pushing up on her so hard?" She asked folding her arms over her chest.

Scrapp laughed, "like I said the other day.. I quite frankly don't give a fuck if she married."

"Leave her alone," she practically hollered, throwing her hand onto the table, having a loud slap echoe. "Who gone stop me?" He asked throwing his arm around my neck.

"I will.." Kita mumbled.

I removed Scrapp's arm, "you seem like a nice guy and really sweet but I have a boyfriend.. Who's the father of my child.. And I love him and would never do something to jeopardize what we have."

He nodded, "would you pick me if he left.. Like left you?"

"You wouldn't dare!" Kita hollered.

I giggled having no idea what he was referring to, shaking my head, "probably not.."

Scrapp kissed his teeth, "he don't even know shit about you," with that being said he stood up and quickly walked away.
I let out a sigh of relief, "now do ya ass wanna leave?" Kita asked and I laughed hard.