Chapter Twenty-Seven

Layla 🌺.

"Soooo.. You and Kody?" I asked Kita as she pulled into a boutique parking lot. "There is no me and Kody.." she shrugged parked in a spot and we both exited.

"He bad.. There's no helping him.. I should've knew he was too bad for me anyways.. But I was so blind," she mumbled scratching over her eyebrow.

"Well you can find someone better than my brother.. Somebody waaaay better looking," I assured as we walked down the strip.

"Like him," she pointed biting her pink fingernail as a dude was talking on the phone.

"I mean

"I mean.. He don't look better than Kody," I admitted, "but he's a start."

"Shit girl that's my cousin," she spat as he looked towards us and I laughed loudly, "you incest ass bitch "

She slapped my shoulder playfully and tugged me towards him.

"Long time no see," he smiled and she laughed, they both hugged and I stood there silently. "Who this?" He asked taking his attention away from Kita and giving it all to me.

"This my homegirl, Layla. Layla this my cousin, Scrapp."

He looked me up and down, "I'm Scrapp," he reintroduced holding his hand out. I shook his hand and he had a firm grip, "Lay-Layla," I stuttered as he bowed and his lips met the back of my hand.

"Back your ass up.. She ain't single," Kita laughed.

"I can tell she not. But I could care less," he admitted licking his juicy pink lips. I didn't even realize it but my breathing had increased, this never happened before. "Well we gotta go.." Kita pulled my arm but I stood staring up at him.

"Come on Lay," she demanded and I snapped out of my trance.

"Sorry.. I'm Layla," I said to him and he laughed, "she do this alot?" He asked. "No," Kita breathed out, "but I have to find a dress for tonight before that boutique up
the strip closes."

"Go.. She fine with me," he grabbed my hand and Kita fanned us, quickly walking off.

"I'm Layla," I said and he laughed, "we established that."

I giggled at myself, "sorry.."

"You good but what y'all gettin' into tonight?" He asked and I hadn't even realize we were still holding hands, so I quickly pulled away.

"This party.." I replied with a shrug.

He laughed, "sounds coo, can I come?"

I shrugged, not knowing what to say whatsoever. This man was something beautiful, maybe it wasn't him.. Just his hair.. Or just his face.. But he had me stuck and looking very stupid.

"You don't know if I can come?" He questioned.

"Well yeah.. I'd like for you to come... But Kita might not."