Collapse

Zayn's POV

Louis dropped the kids back at home last night while Jade was sleeping. He agreed to to stay the night. So now, it's daylight. Jade is still fast asleep in my arms, the gauze on her hand now covered in dried blood. I just can't believe she nearly took her life last night. This had to be more traumatizing than when we took our break. She'd whimper every few minutes in her sleep, my hand rubbing her back for comfort.

"Zayn, I made breakfast." Louis walked in, sitting beside us. "She hasn't woken up yet?"

"She'll be very sick when she wakes up. I don't blame her if she wakes up in the afternoon."

"I can't believe I didn't see her distress. How much she hated living right now. It's killing me that I could've helped her."

"We all saw it, we must've been too lazy to help." Jade squirmed in my arms, her eyes slightly opening. "Hey baby." I gently kissed her forehead.

"I feel like shit." She sniffled. Jade pushed her head further into my shoulder. "I don't want to get up, ever."

"You don't have to today, but tomorrow, Harry and Marie are coming over." She nodded. She didn't even notice Louis was in the room. He slowly got up and walked out the room.

"I'm sorry Zayn, for last night. I was distraught and overwhelmingly sad. I didn't know what I was doing."

"Let's not talk about it, it's going to hurt you more." She sighed pressed her finger to my chest, tracing my tattoo.

"I love you, Zayn. You know that."

"Of course, I feel the same way." She sighed and pecked my lips.

"I need a distraction.." Jade said shyly. "A distraction from my thoughts and life.."

"You love to dance, don't you?"

"Of course I do." She sniffled as I rubbed her arm.

"Then how about later on, we can go check out the studio for a while." Jade shrugged and rubbed her neck. "Are you feeling dizzy?"

"Just a bit sick." She sighed. "I'm sorry Zayn, I really am."

"I'm not letting you out my sight from now on. And even when you aren't, you'll tell me where you're going."

"Zayn-"

"I mean it. I don't want to lose you again, especially not permanently." Jade sighed and nodded, hugging my torso. My lips gently kissed her forehead.

Harry's POV

Darcy woke up in a fit of tears, waking me up as well. Marie went home because she couldn't stand being in hospitals for too long. With the comfort of the doctors, they all calmed down my baby girl. She lay there now just staring at random objects in the room.

"Piper is coming over today." She smiled and looked over at me, opening and closing her fists. I chuckled and kissed her tiny fingers. Darcy cocked her head at me and pointed to my loose curls. "Daddy didn't do a good job of putting his hair in a tail."

"I'm here!" Louis hopped into the room, Piper speeding past him.

"Darcy!" She squealed, climbing onto my lap. "Hi Uncle Harry!"

"Hi E-"

"I brought toys!" Piper sat beside Darcy on her bed, pulling her barbie dolls out her winter coat. I chuckled and walked over to Louis.

"Is Jade alright?"

"Yeah um, just feeling sick. Zayn's taking care of her though."

"She's been really upset lately. I'm going to go visit her later."