Family Time

Jade's POV

I kept grazing Lady's palms as she laid in the incubator beside my bed. She'd squeeze it on instinct, making me smile. Suddenly, seeing her now, I shouldn't have been so doubtful on having another baby.

That doesn't explain why I'm so sleepy though. Ever since delivery, I've just been tired. I didn't care though, Lady was a health baby.

"Hello Mrs. Malik." Lina, my nurse, walked in. "How you feeling?"

"Still tired, but I'm fine." I smiled, feeling Lady's squeeze on my finger.

"Well it's nothing too serious, you have postpartum fatigue. You are growing very tired and now your body is just a little overwhelmed by seven pregnancies." I frowned, only six were successful. "You will be very tired for the next few weeks, maybe months but overall, you'll be just fine."

"Thank you, when can I go home?"

"I can get you your discharge papers right now?" I nodded and she walked away.

After signing out, I called for a cab. Zayn would be too focused on the baby to drive and I don't need an accident right now.

The cab driver and I ended up having a conversation, he was a fan of mine. He went on and on about his wife loving Zayn as well. It was nice to see him so happy just for being in his presence. Lady lay soundly in the car seat I was supplied.

Once I was dropped home, I greeted the one pap that came back, requesting for him not to take a picture of Lady. He happily obeyed as I walked towards my house. I slowed when I saw letters on my tree in jagged strikings. My mouth felt dry, continuing into the house. The door was unlocked, seeing the teenagers sprawled around the living room.

"Mum's home!" Armani announced as I closed the front door, hearing quick steps coming down the stairs.

"Mommy, Mommy!" I heard Jamal, smiling when he came into view.

"Hi baby."

"I missed you!" He hugged my leg, looking up. "Hi Lady!"

"I missed you, too.

"Hello babe." Zayn walked out from the kitchen, pecking my lips as he slipped Lady into his own hands. "Hi my princess." I grumbled, I was too tired to protest. My feet dragged me to the stairs, wincing when I took the first step.

"Oh god, Mum do you need help?" Jayden rushed over from the love seat he was sitting on as well as Amber. They both held me up as I walked up the stairs.

"Thank you both." I smiled warmly, walking on my own to my room. My body was at ease when I enveloped myself in the thick, warm duvet.

"Have you fed her yet?" Zayn walked in a few minutes later.

"Yes, a lot of times." I sighed, closing my eyes.

"Well, what did the doctor say?"

"My nurse told me I just have fatigue, nothing serious."

"You won't be able to go to work."

"Dani said she'd take my place, I have a maternity leave you know."

"Oh yeah.." Zayn chuckled, "Well I brought the rolling crib in."

"Put it on my side." I asked of drowsily. "She needs a nap right now, she hasn't slept since she was in the hospital."

"Babies are so lucky, sleeping whenever they please without ruining their schedule." I chuckled as she placed her on her belly. "So how are you feeling?"

"Overly tired, like I want to sleep but I can't." I sighed as he knelt beside the bed.

"You get all the rest you need."