FINALE

Jade's POV

My leg bled, the pain nearly making me fall over but it soon turned into shock. I needed to try.

I launched myself forward, tackling him down. The pain forced screams from my body but I still managed to straddle him, my hands cupping his neck.

"You don't touch my family!" Mason only chuckled and pushed my wrists away. I took the oppurtunity to grab his gun from his jacket, crawling away quickly.

"You're not gonna shoot me!"

"You want to bet?" I sniffled, wincing as he stepped on my thigh, making me screech. "You know, this is such deja vu now, except last time it was a knife. Now, I-I've got-" The trigger went off, Mason staggering to the ground.

"Jade, what the-"

"Call an ambulance, I-I'm okay."

"You're bleeding!!"

"Call a damn ambulance then!" I shouted, letting out another scream. Felipe quickly dialed the number, pedestrians coming to my aid.

"Should I get Zayn?"

"No, no, he'll freak out."

"That's what anyone would do!!" I sighed, my breath was becoming heaving. I could no longer hold myself up with my elbows. "Jade?!"

My lungs felt as if they were being squeezed, the stench of my own blood was too strong. The last thing I want is to have an asthma attack right now, well, getting shot, too.

I hate that I wasn't flipping out, I was so used to this.

The sirens came and my vision began to blur, my body was feeling limp.

"Jade?!" The tears finally spilled, Zayn's voice sounded so distant but a blurred image of him was right above me.

"It's over.." I breathed, my girls would be okay. That was my only concern, my kids being okay. The irony wasn't surprising to me.

Zayn's POV

I jumped at the sound of what seemed to be a loud pop. It didn't seem to phase the workers down the hall, so I just kept staring at picture frames around the room. The one that caught my eye was the family portrait from last month. I smiled.

"Zayn?! Where's Zayn?!" I heard Harper's voice, almost frantic. I walked out Jade's office, Harper rushing over to me.

"Calm down, what's up?"

"J-Jade, she-she was shot o-outside!" My chest tightened, my feet instantly rushing to the front entrance. I ran so quick, I was scared I'd trip on my own feet but I honestly didn't care. The ambulance sirens were audible now, a puddle of blood settled right at the doors.

Then I saw Mason laying on the floor only a few feet away, that bastard. It was him.

"N-No, where is she?!" I yelled, turning to Felipe, his head in his hands. "Where is she, Felipe?!"

"In the ambulance, goddamnit! Where else?!" He burst, wailing. I was taken back a bit but still ran to the ambulance, pounding on the doors.

"Let me in!!"

"Sir, you need to-"

"Jade!!" The door swung open, a nurse stood out. I looked past him, only to see Jade's arm limp over the gurney, hanging there as if she were paralyzed.

"Sir, you can't come in. She's losing blood excessively and we need to be on our way to the hospital-"

"I want to see her." I growled, pushing him aside and climbing in. "Jade?!" Her eyes opened slightly at the sound of my voice.