Another Day

Jade's POV

Sitting outside the courtroom, I clung onto the giant teddy bear with all my strength. I didn't want anyone taking it away from me. Zayn was taking too long in the bathroom and I was ready to just run into the boys' bathroom and yank him out. Sat all by myself in this hallway, with a giant teddy bear, didn't have such a great image of me. Lawyers and jury duty attendants all looked at me strange as they walked by but I didn't care. If I didn't have the bear with me, I'd be on the floor, blubbering. But Pioer with me as well, that just couldn't happen.

"I'm done!" Zayn happily walked out and sat beside me.

"Were you constipated?"

"No! I was just playing with the hand dryer thingy." He chuckled. Piper got off from her seat and walked over to Zayn, laying her arms on his lap.

"Daddy, can I play with your phone?"

"Why?"

"I wanna play games!"

"Well that's not a very good answer." He teased her, causing her to pout.

"Please Daddy!" She whined.

"Why?"

"Daddy!!" She squealed and started to cry, throwing herself on the floor. "Daddy, I wanna play!!"

"Zayn, just give her your phone!" I scolded him, attempting to pull Piper off the floor. But all she did was swat my arms away and continue screaming. "Zayn!"

"Alright, fine!" He took it out from his pocket and handed it to her. Piper sniffled before taking it in her hands and climbing onto the bench. "Such a cry baby.."

"Babe, she's three, almost four. She's still a baby." I pulled Piper into my lap, smiling. "Don't scream when were in here, okay? And no talking."

"Ok mumma." Piper giggled. I continued to stroke the bear's belly as someone walked in, a whole group. I finally got view of their faces and my heart stopped for a second. Andre, Tanya and Zack were all in black as well as some other girl. Zack looked very happy once he saw me, but the same couldn't be said for Andre and Tanya.

"Jade! Haven't seen you in a while!"

"Yeah, I know. I can honestly say it's good to see you again, Zack."

"Same for you. Oh, well I need to introduce you to Annabelle! She's my girlfriend and she's so wonderful. Because of her, I'm not that bad ass douchebag anymore." He smiled at her, Annabelle giggling. By the way they were looking at each other, they were truly in love. "Oh, hey Zayn! How's it been?"

"I've been good, you're more likeable now."

"Yes, I'm proud of it." Andre was still standing behind the couple, not even daring to look my direction.

"Hi Jordy!" Piper beamed as she got off the bench, rushing to hug her friend. Andre smiled down on the two. It was so weird, he was watching his daughter and son hug but only as friends. They didn't even know they were related. But they look so much alike, how could they not notice? "Mumma, can me and Jordy go play?"

"No, it's almost time to go inside baby."

"But I'm not goin' inside!!" She whined, gripping my thigh.

"Wait okay?"

"Mumma!!" She screamed.

"Jade, I'll watch her." Andre stepped in. "I was going to the waiting room anyways.."

"But-"

"You can't keep me away forever, might as well." I groaned and stood up, stepping up to him.