Grave

Zayn's POV

Jade wasn't by my side when I woke up. Neither did she even let me touch her when she was in bed. I can't tell her about her dad, at least not yet. Why did she even start crying when I didn't tell her? Maybe the fact that I dissed a family dinner. I'm such a terrible husband, I'm doing everything I can. Or at least I'm trying to.

"No j- I don't want that in- You're making a big deal out of nothing, just leave it there!!" Jade walked into the room, phone to her ear. "I put it there, you can't- I am about two seconds away from firing you!... Thank you, leave it where it is so I can arrange it myself." Why did she feel the need to just walk around in lace under garments and nothing more. Especially when she's mad at me and I can't touch her. "Yeah thanks. Bye." She threw her phone onto the bed. Her eyes wandered up my figure and saw that I was awake. "Oh."

"Good morning babe." She just ignored me and went through into the closet. I didn't want to force her to talk to me. But I knew what would, and it always worked. I stood up from the bed and walked into the closet, grabbing her waist and pulling her into my chest.

"Za-"

"What's wrong?" I asked softly, crossing my arm over her chest. She didn't even flinch. "C'mon.." I gave a slight peck to her neck.

"Were you out with a girl last night?"

"Never."

"Then where were you? Getting drunk?"

"Not exactly. Well no, I wasn't. Wait, baby," My hands turned her body to face me, a frown on her face. "Do you really think I'd do that to you now? Even while your hospitalized? That's sick."

"Then where were you?"

"I was with Harry.... and John."

"My dad?"

"Yeah. He needed help with something important so Harry and I came. I didn't know it would take as long as it did." I added, rubbing her back. "He's your dad, Jade. I couldn't just say no."

"It's fine, Zayn. Thank you for telling me." She shrugged.

"I'm sorry for not telling you." I rubbed the back of my neck. Jade just nodded, turning to her clothes once again.

"It's whatever, I need to find some clothes. I-I want to go visit Chase's grave today. Since I could barely move, I want to still pay my respects to him."

"Do you want me to come with you?" Jade sighed and looked at her bracelet, rubbing her arm.

"I guess.." She whispered, turning her head slightly. "It would be nice if you came." I nodded.

"Come here babe." Her arms wrapped around my torso. I rubbed her back gently.

"Thank you, Zayn." She nearly whispered, pecking my lips.

"Anything, I'll just be downstairs." I pulled a shirt over my head and kissed her shoulder before walking out the room. As soon as I was downstairs, Piper squealed and waved her Barbie at me.

"Mornin' daddy!"

"Good morning princess."

"Hello Zayn." Louis walked into the living room with Jayden on his hip. "I see you're not bruised."

"Jade never hits me."

"I would." He giggled.

"Haha." I sarcastically laughed. "Give me my son." I spoke seriously, pulling Jayden out Louis' arm. He mumbled a bit and looked to the floor.

"I know I've been sleeping here for a while Zayn, but I'd really appreciate it if you let me live here.."

"What?"

"El and I have grown apart, it's not working anymore. I-I need a place to stay."

"Well of course Louis, make yourself at home." He nodded and patted my shoulder. Armani squealed as he held onto the top of the play pen, standing on his two legs.

"I'm ready to go." Jade walked down the stairs, rubbing her arms. I nodded and placed Jayden beside his brother. I walked to Jade's side and wrapped my arm around her shoulders, walking out to the car.

Once we arrived at the cemetary, Jade looked over at me. There were already tears brimming her eyes.

"I-Is it okay if I go by myself?"

"It's completely fine." I kissed her knuckles. She slightly smiled at me before getting out the car.

Jade's POV

I sniffled as I walked over to Chase's headstone, his real headstone. I smiled at the picture engraved in it. He was smiling so largely, he looked happy. Especially since it was the day we hung out together. The last day that he actually smiled and looked happy. I was cropped out the picture, of course.

"Hi Chase." The first words came out a bit scratchy. I cleared my throat. "I-I brought you something." I pulled out a gold ring from my pocket. "This was my mother's. And I want you to have it." I got down on my knees and dug a small hole. It frightened me that just six feet under me, his head rested right below my hands. "You deserve this. If you hadn't told me what truly happened to my mother, I'd be more of a wreck right now. I don't know how that's possible though, I'm quite a mess." I laughed, sitting on my bottom and leaned against the stone.

"She would've loved you, Chase. And I love you, and miss you a lot. Ever since you left, I haven't really been myself lately. I know you saw what I tried to do, begging for me to stop, I don't know what came over me. My life has just gone downhill." I sniffled, pulling at patches of grass.

"Jayden might have autism. That's the thing I'm most afraid of right now. But hey, at least his sister and I love him, right?" I sniffled. "Chase, I'm so scared and mad at the world. I never wanted to be as big as I am but I don't regret it. I-I wish this was so much easier." I cried, wiping my tears.

"I can't help but still feel like it's my fault you died even though you said it wasn't! You didn't deserve anything that came at you negatively and I'm sorry! I'm sorry I pushed you away, Chase! Please, come back!" I sobbed, starting to dig into the dirt with my fingers. "Chase!"

"Jade!"

"Come back, Chase! Come back!" I frantically shouted. My wrists were pulled from the ground.

"Jade, calm down." Zayn tried to shush me.

"No! Chase!!"

"Jade!!" Zayn yelled, holding my head in his hands. "I'm sorry, he's gone baby." I sniffled, suddenly breaking down in his arms. "I'm sorry." And there we sat as I cried. Over Chase's grave where I knew he'd defintely not want me to cry in. But I couldn't help it. He was gone and I couldn't even properly say sorry.