Not So Regular Day

Jade's POV

My due date was in a few days, and it scared me half to death. I feared for all my girls, but thankfully, Piper was coming for Christmas, the date Lady should arrive.

I couldn't be in a worried mood all day though, my kids and Zayn were outside putting up Christmas decorations as I sat at the dinner table eating away at the meal from last night, pork chops.

"Mommy, are you gonna help us put up the Christmas tree?" Nevaeh walked in, Christmas lights around her waist.

"I'll try, honey, it's not a lot of fun to move with Lady being so big now."

"Lis said it's like tapping a watermelon around your waist." She giggled.

"It feels much weirder than that." I chuckled, "When you're much older, you'll know how it feels."

"Is it like eating a watermelon?"

"Not at all. Go on, go finish your outside decorations."

"Can you come outside mommy? Just sit on the patio!"

"Fine." I grumbled as I stood, walking behind her which only seemed like waddling.

"Look who it is, finally out the house." Zayn joked. The twins ran to my aid, Jayden pulling out a chair for me and Armani putting a supporting pillow against the chair. I smiled as I sat down.

"Thank you, boys." Jayden sat beside me as Armani went back to working.

"How are you feeling, mum?"

"Like I need to pee, but I know I don't."

"Okay, not in that depth."

"Don't get squirmy on me, okay? I'm probably the nicest pregnant woman you'll ever meet. They are vicious." Jayden laughed as I hugged my belly. "So, any Christmas wishes?"

"I think the only present this family wants is for Lady to be a healthy baby."

"No! I want a racecar!" Jamal yelled, making all of us laugh. He was a little selfish nowadays, not wanting to share anything after he found out the gender of the baby.

"That's mean, JJ." He just grumbled, Nevaeh shoved him onto the ground. "Nevaeh Genesis!!" I yelled, Jamal was already crying, running to me for comfort. I held him in whatever way I could considering my belly was making this difficult. "Come over here and say sorry to your brother."

"I can't say something I don't mean." She crossed her arms, my eyes widening.

"Stop smart mouthing your mother, Nevaeh. Go apologize to Jamal right now." She stomped over.

"Uncross your arms and say it like you mean it." I ordered.

"I'm sorry, JJ." She sighed.

"It's okay." He sniffled, still holding tight to me. He suddenly screamed, pulling away.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Lady hit me! Did I crush her mommy?!" He panicked.

"No, baby." I chuckled, "She does that all the time." I held his nape as I wiped his tears away with my thumbs. "If you stop crying, I'll make those mint brownies you like for Christmas." He nodded with a small smile before running back to work with his siblings and father.

"That was probably the cutest thing Jamal has ever done." Jayden laughed.

"Jamal has done a lot of cuter things, Jay." I argued.

"Just my opinion, mum." He shrugged, "Piper's coming today."

"I know, I'm excited." I smiled, "Hopefully the break won't be hell considering Lady will be keeping us up all night."