Family Bonding

Jade's POV

Dinner two nights ago was great. Piper and the twins had sang a song for Zayn and I. The food was great and the night was one of the bests I've had since Zayn and I got married.

Right now, I was at work. I still worked at the dance studio, of course.

"Jade, I have a question." Jeffrey peeked into my office. "May I come in?"

"Of course, take a seat." He nodded and walked in, taking a seat in Armani's beanbag chair. Jeffrey has been attending my school since he was five years old. He was an amazing dancer and had become one of my students when he was twelve. It didn't bother me much when he told me of his crush on Piper, he is a very charming, handsome, and respectful man. She was just too blind to see his love for her. He's very good friends with Armani as well and Nevaeh loves when he's over. I liked Jeffrey, too. He was perfect for my daughter.

"Not that this would be any surprise, but it's about Piper." I chuckled, "I want to ask her to prom tomorrow and the proposal isn't gonna be big or anything, but Brody is planning on doing some huge thing with the football teams help. I can't compete with that.. Especially since he's much better looking."

"Piper doesn't like things that can outshines her. If it's something that makes what she can do look like a tiny sparkle, she'll get angry."

"So she'd say no to him?"

"Most likely, and probably hit him."

"Well, she's more beautiful than the flowers I ordered for her, so hopefully she says yes to me." He smiled to himself.

"I'll be more than happy if she did. She'll-"

"Mum, I got my letter from Julliard!" Piper barged in, jumping around the room. Jeffrey stood up as she threw off her bookbag. "I want to open it with you."

"Alright, aren't you going to say hi to Jeffrey?" She turned, her smile brightening.

"Oh, hi Jeffrey." He nodded and shoved his hands into his pockets.

"I'll leave you two." Piper kept smiling as he walked out the office. She bit her lip before finally looking up at me.

"I want you to open and read it." She handed me the envelope. I nodded with a small smile as I tore it open, unfolding the letter.

"Dear Piper, congratulations!"

"Oh my god!!" She shrieked, "Keep reading it." Piper beamed.

"It gives me tremendous pleasure to inform you that the Julliard Dance faculty have granted you admission to the Dance Intensive program." I breathed, tears streaming down my face. "Baby, you made it!"

"Mum, don't cry." She pulled me into a hug.

"I'm just so proud of you. Ever since you were three, you treated this place like a wonderland. You fought hard for what you wanted to achieve and create. I always wanted you to blossom and be whoever you wanted to be and now you're going to the school you've dreamt of going to since you were ten years old." I sobbed.

"All I wanted was to make you proud, mum. All of this was for you and dad." She sniffled, "And knowing you supported me through whatever I wanted to do and guided me through the right path is enough. I love you, mum."

"I love you, too, baby." I chuckled through my tears. "I can't believe my little girl is going to Julliard. Well, I guess you're not little anymore." I sniffled, pulling away from my daughter.

"No, but Jamal and Nevaeh still are." I laughed as she went to her duffelbag. "I'm going to tell everybody! But I want to tell Jeffrey first?"

"Why?"