Explanations and Dancing

Jade's POV

"W-What?" Piper's voice sounded through the room as she slowly walked in. "I-I was just checking to see if you're o-okay, and-and- You're not my parents?"

"Yes! We are-"

"Jade's your mum, I'm just not your father." Zayn spoke up, tears silently falling down his cheek.

"Why did you lie? W-Why would you guys do that?!"

"We were protecting you-"

"That-That man outside is my father?!"

"We were protecting you!"

"Why?!"

"He abused me, Piper! He did so many things to me a-and to you! I had to get away from him to protect you! You saw what he did out there!"

"He was angry, of course he'd-"

"Don't-"

"Zayn.." I hushed him, lifting up my shirt. His arm wrapped around my waist, kissing my shoulder as I traced the scars on my skin. "I know I told you these were surgeries, b-but they're not." I sniffled, looking up at mu daughter. "These are s-stab wounds, f-from him." Piper's eyes widened in fear.

"You're lying!"

"You-You were only a week old.." I sniffled, "You need to know, he hurt me because he wanted you. I took all that torture for you safety and well-being." I dropped my shirt, letting the hem rest at ny hips. "Zayn has protected you, cared for you, and loved you like his own since you were born. He may not be your actual father, but he sure does deserve the title."

"You-You could've told me. All I have a-and everything that I am, i-is a lie."

"No, that's not true! We're all still your family."

"Does everyone know?"

"Can I talk to you alone, Piper?"

"No!"

"Piper.." I sighed, reaching for her hands. "I'm going to call Jeffrey and ask him to stay the night, just for comfort. Please talk to your fath-" I stopped myself, pulling away from her.

"Fine."

"We love you, remember that." I kiss her forehead before walking out the room, closing the door behind me.

Jeffrey arrived about an hour ago, he was playing with the kids and talking to Justin and Saidi. I sat with Jamal and Crystal in my arms, swinging on the hammock. Jamal was laid at my side as Crystal was laid on my chest, my arms holding her up. She constantly pinched my nose and gripped Jamal's hands.

"Is it a girl or boy?"

"It's a girl, do boys wear hair bows?"

"No, mommy!" He giggled as Crystal squealed at him. "Hey, no screaming."

"She says boys don't wear bows!"

"No she didn't! Babies don't talk!" Crystal squealed again, Jamal laughing in excitement. "I want a baby brother."

"What about all your other brother and sisters?"

"They're fun, but I-I want to take him to race car tracks and-and play cars with him."

"You can do that with baby sisters."

"Nevaeh don't.."

"Because she likes dolls, Alissa likes cars, did you know that?" He shook his head.

"I w-wanna ask Jeffrey to play cars."

"Jeffrey is helping Piper, she's very sad right now."

"Why?"