Chapter 1

Moments. that's what life is made up of. Tiny moments that all fit together to make up our lives, they make up who we are and who we will be. But when you lose those moments, who were you? Were you even you anymore? Because these moments make up our history, they decide our futures and are happening in the present. What if the person you cared most about, suddenly became a stranger?

*Paisley*
The road was grey. Never ending and long. Dad always played the radio so we didn't have to speak. The radio drowned out the conversation but not my thoughts. The thoughts that plagues my mind, flooding it. But then again I wasn't sure if I wanted to swim when these thoughts were about Miracle Falls. Thoughts about Damon. I subconsciously moved my hand over my belly. A baby. I was having a baby. I couldn't believe this. And had Jake kept my secret? God things were such a mess. I ate another chocolate bar as we drove.
"Where are we going?" I asked. We were in Montana. There were a lot of trees here.
"Hawk Hills." Dad replied.
"What?" I shrieked.
"I know I know." Dad sighed.
"Why the hell did they assign us there?" I demanded.
"Because that's the last place Robert would expect us to go to." Dad answered. Hawk Hills was where our town was relocated. The place where I was born and raised. The place where everything went wrong. I think that's why they relocated. To much drama in such a small town for things to remain normal.

"But why?" I asked. I had no intention of going back. Ever.
"Because he won't expect us to go back to the town where the people know what happened. Plus you have friends here, and Pierce is still in town." I frowned. I had forgotten about them. In order to get through the traumatic events that occurred here I put them in my past. My friends and Pierce. Pierce was my boyfriend. I loved him. Then I left. But now I realised what a shitty boyfriend he was and that what I felt wasn't real love. It's nothing compared to what I feel for Damon. Damon. He was alive, but how was he? I wanted to call him so badly. Just to hear his voice and tell him that I was okay. But I knew that I shouldn't risk it. Robert could track the call and kill my dad and me. And the baby. A voice whispered in the back of my head.

Hawk Hills was an average town. Red brick buildings. Black roofs. A lot of windows. The house dad had arranged for us was double storied. A black roof and a black door. Eight Windows could be seen from the front of the house.
"What do you think?" Dad asked.
"It's... open." It was hideous and big and I wanted to go home.
"You hate it." He sighed.
"I'm gonna hate every house that we live in after Miracle Falls dad." I pointed out.
"Do you really miss them that much?" He asked.
"My apologies. I grew attached to people I'm sorry for not being a robot that doesn't have emotions." I snapped.
"Calm down." Dad sighed. I rolled my eyes and got out of the car. Then I stormed inside, surprised to find that the door wasn't locked. Weird.
"SURPRISE!" I screamed as everyone I used to know jumped up. They all grinned at one another, proud for getting that reaction.
"Paisley you're home!" Natalie ran up and hugged me. Brown hair and dirt brown eyes. She had a supermodel body and was pale. Porcelain skin and high cheekbones. She was drop dead gorgeous.
"Hey Nat!" I was happy to see her. One by one my old friends came up to me and hugged me. Then in all his glory was Pierce.
"Hey stranger." He pulled me into a tight hug that lasted a second longer than it should've. Crystal blue eyes and dark brown hair. He was tall and wore dark blue jeans. A black shirt hugged his muscles tightly.
"Hey Pierce." I tried to take deep and calming breaths.
"How've you been?" He asked.
"I've seen better days." I admitted. Days with Damon. Days with Alex. Days with Piper. Days with Jake. Days with Sam. Days with Diana. Days with Aiden. Days with all of them.
"You have to tell us everything!" Natalie exclaimed and dragged me to the living room. A flat screen tv, cream coloured walls, a white leather couch and a brown coffee table that stood on black carpet. I sat down on the leather couch and began to tell them the story of the last two years.

"And then Aiden screamed that she was an evil ice queen bitch and jumped into Jake's lap." They frowned. But I continued on with the story. "She tried pinning it on me but Aiden made it very clear that it was Amanda who was evil." I explained.
"All that for sitting in your seat?" Megan asked. Megan had fiery red hair and hazel coloured eyes. I could see that they weren't seeing the humour in the situation and decided to stop talking, maybe this was a bad idea.

"So what's this Damon guy like?" Pierce asked, the way he said Damon's name. it was like he was a poison, but Damon was far from that. My hand subconsciously slid over my belly, our baby.

"You know i'm actually kind of tired, ill tell you guys more tomorrow." I lied. I wanted to call Damon, run to him if I had too. Just to hear his voice. To see him. I didn't even have a picture of him, all photos were removed, burned or deleted. I had nothing, absolutely nothing but my memories. And even now they were blurry, what would they be like in six months? A year? Two? Would they be gone or just blurry, faded?

The thoughts scared me as the people cleared out of my new house.
"Are you okay?" Dad asked me.
"No. No I'm not okay." I walked up to my "room" and climbed into the bed in there. I know his number. I could call him. Tell him I'm okay and that I'm alive. I thought to myself in the dark. But I couldn't risk it, Robert would be waiting for me to call. For me to give in and break and let them know where I am. It's better to leave them in the dark. It's almost been two months since that night. The night it all went to hell, I hadn't wanted to leave him. I hadn't wanted to leave Damon. I was willing to die beside him rather than leave, and yet I left. I left them all behind and I knew that that would haunt me for the rest of my life.

My hand slid over my belly that had started to get a little bigger. I was going to be a mom, between places and towns and running I would have to look after and raise a baby. Was I capable of doing that? I understood that my dad would help where he could but how much help would he be? We were only human and we were barely holding ourselves together now. You can only be invisible for so long before you lose yourself too. Tears slipped down my cheeks, I wanted to go home. I didn't want to be invisible anymore.
________________________________________________________________________
Hey guys so I'm sorry that the first chapter is short but the chapters will progressively longer. I've spent the past couple weeks working out how I'm going to get to the end of the book and I'm happy with how it's all gonna turn out. I really hope you enjoy this book and a reminder is that it will be told from both Damon's and Paisley's POV. Please leave a comment because your feedback means a lot to me. Thanks for reading!
Read/vote/comment