Chapter 11

Before I met you, I was just fighting to survive. To make it through the day and be able to wake up for the next one. But then I met you and something within changed. You lit a fire that just wouldn't stop burning. And suddenly it wasn't a matter of just surviving. But a matter of living and being happy. And now that we've gone our separate ways that fire has dwindled to embers. Yet I'm still here, I'm still fighting...still trying to hold on.
Paisleys POV
My phone rang and I answered it instantly. Dad had gone to get coffee and I sat anxiously in the waiting room of Hawk Hills hospital.
"Hello?" Please be Jake.
"Hey, how are you?" Jake asked and I relaxed.
"I'm freaking out. I'm at the hospital, they'll call my name soon." I explained.
"Alright well Damon said if it's a girl then Nora and a boy it's a guy then Derek." Nora and Derek. I liked the names. Unique and interesting.
"They're perfect." I told him.
"There's something else you should know-" Jake began but I stopped listening.
"Paisley Michaelis?" A nurse called.
"I've gotta go. I'll call you soon." I hung up and walked over to her.
"Follow me."

The cold jelly stuff was squirted onto my belly and I bit my lip.
"Look at the screen." I looked at it and she moved the monitor around. My eyes widened as I could make out the shape of my baby.
"Can you tell?" I asked.
"Do you want to know? Are you sure you don't want the father here?" The nurse asked.
"I want to know. The father is in another state." I explained.
"Well your baby is perfectly happy. A bouncing baby girl." A girl. Nora. I smiled. The nurse wiped off the jelly stuff and said things that went right over my head before she left. I immediately called Jake.
"Well?" He asked, he sounded impatient.
"It's a girl!" It was amazing to say the words aloud. I was having a baby girl.
"That's incredible! But can I tell you the thing that I need to tell you now?" Jake almost sounded nervous.
"Yeah what's up?" I asked.
"It's about Robert." I felt nervous and looked around.
"What about him?" My voice shook a little.
"This is going to come as a shock alright?" Jake asked.
"Alright." I mumbled.
"A girl named Katherine is here. She's your twin and your father is Robert." I didn't know what to say. My brain practically exploded in my skull.
"What?" I shrieked.
"Robert is your father and you have a twin, her name's Katherine and-" I interrupted.
"But that's crazy!"
"Crazy but unfortunately the truth." My heart smashed against my ribcage.
"Anything else?" I demanded.
"Katherine said that Robert was getting close to cracking the code. That you have a max of three months before he finds out about your location." Oh crap.
"Shit Jake! What should I do?" I ran a shaking hand through my hair and tried to calm down.
"Come home." Jake said after a while.
"Come home?" I was shocked by his answer. But that would be the only answer he'd say.
"Come home. Come back to your friends and come back to Damon. He was just pulling himself back together before Katherine came. And now he has to see you everyday but know that it's not you. Come home." Jake begged. I had Damon's leather jacket on, I subconsciously pulled it tighter around my shoulders. Just go home. It's what I wanted to do, it would throw Robert off track again. He wouldn't expect us to go back to the place we just left. But going home would definitely cause an outbreak in the news. People had started to forget dad and I when we returned here. So much that it was practically insignificant. But Miracle Falls is a place where our departure is still fresh and new. But it was home.
"I'll talk to my dad about it and can you do something for me?" I asked.
"Yeah?" Jake sounded tired.
"Look after him for me." I begged. Then I hung up and my dad walked in.
"Who were you talking to?" Dad asked.
"Jake." I answered honestly. I should be honest with him about this.
"Miracle falls Jake?" My dad asked.
"Yeah." I mumbled.
"Paisley Robert could track that call and-" I held up a hand.
"Is it true?" I asked.
"Is what true?" Dad looked mad now.
"Am I his?" It was a terrifying thought. The idea that Robert was my father.
"Your mother and I were going through a rough patch and-" I put my head in my hands.
"And Katherine?" I demanded.
"Robert and your mom made a deal. He'd get one child and we'd get the other. Then he told us that Katherine had died. It was a closed casket funeral." My dad explained.
"Well she's not dead. She's in Miracle Falls and we've got three months until Robert finds us. Tops." I growled.
"And the baby?" Dad asked quietly.
"She is just fine." I grumbled.
"A she?" He looked so happy then.
"Yes. My baby is a girl. I want to go home dad. I want to go back to Miracle Falls. It's the last place Robert would expect us to go!" I exclaimed.
"Paisley we can't just go back-" I interrupted.
"Of course we can! If we go back it'll be ages before Robert finds us! And if he finds us then the police can be ready. It won't go unexpected, we can plan and prepare. Really plan and prepare this time. Dad I'm sick of just surviving. I want to live and be happy." I begged.
"We're you happy there?" Dad asked.
"Beyond happy." Please.
"Because of Damon and your friends?" Dad asked.
"I love him dad. I miss him." My voice was barely above a whisper.
"Is that why you're always wearing his jacket?" dad raised a brow at me.
"It makes me feel like a part of him is still here with me." I whispered.
"You loved Pierce once." Dad pointed out.
"Dos you love anyone else other than mom?" I asked.
"Yes but we're talking about-" I interrupted.
"Then you'll know that it feels different. It's not the same. Damon and i love one another the way you and mom did." I explained.
"Then it's safer if we stay away-" I shook my head.
"No more running. Sure Robert can't hurt either one of us by running but dad we're dying without each other. Becoming hollow inside." Tears slid down my cheeks.
"Natalie's here to see you." My dad said and looked away. Conversation over. I wiped away my tears and Natalie walked in as dad walked out.
"Pierce told me." I forced a smile.
"I was going to tell you." She shrugged.
"You're giving it up anyway. So I was talking to my mom and she wanted to know something." Nat paused and I raised a brow. "What's your home like?" She asked. I smiled.
"I get this warm and fuzzy feeling with home. I can tell when he's about to walk into the room and his hands are slightly bigger than mine. They're rough from the calluses of playing football for so long. And his eyes can capture you and swallow you whole. They're this perfect chocolate brown that's mixed with caramel." I was about to go on when Natalie looked confused. Then i realised that she meant what was my home. Not who.
"I'm talking about a house. Mom wants ideas cause she's an architect?" Nat elaborated. I felt my cheeks heat up.
"Sorry." I mumbled.
"You were talking about Damon weren't you?" She asked.
"Maybe." I said shyly.
"What's so special about him?" Nat asked.
"You'd know if you met him." Damon was just Damon.
"I want to meet him." I shook my head.
"He's miles away." I promised.
"Where?" She asked.
"Oh this small town in West Virginia. You probably haven't heard of it- Miracle Falls." I rambled. Nat's phone vibrated and she swore.
"Well I've gotta run home. Hope you're alright." then she left. That was odd.

Rather than speak to my dad when we got home I just stormed upstairs. He followed me in.
"What?" I demanded.
"Give me a couple weeks." Dad asked.
"I'm not gonna last a couple weeks." Over exaggeration but they were necessary right now.
"A week." I sighed.
"I just need to see them. To know that they're okay." I explained.
"In a week." He promised and left. A week. Seven days and I could go home. I crawled into my bed and a small smile spread on my face. I'd see them all in a week.
________________________________________________________________________
My delayed updates are with reason. I've been sick, I've had exams going on and writers block. But I pushed through the writers block and hopefully I can finally get back into the swing of things. Thanks for reading!
Read/vote/comment