Chapter 19

The silence filled our hearts, the silence filled our eyes, the silence filled our ears, the silence filled our bodies, the silence filled our souls. The silence was ever present and it would not leave us until she woke. Until we could be together again, until he could hear her voice. The silence would go on.
Damon's POV
Two months later...
the weeks after Jake's funeral had been long and painful. Before we knew it a month had passed, then the prom and then it had been two months. None of us had gone to prom, we were all to sad to even bother. We were going to go, everyone got dressed up and I would take Alex but, when we all got there no one spoke. Just a feeling of wrongness. We shouldn't do this without Paisley and Jake, we couldn't. So we did what we do best, sat down-all dressed up-and watched a bunch of Disney movies. By the second month the doctors said I could take Nora home, but I still visited the hospital daily.

"We're going to go see mommy now." I bounced Nora gently in my arms, I loved her with my entire soul already. The others thought I was too protective of her, but she was my daughter. I walked into Paisley's room, I had been here so long that the doctors and nurses knew me by name and just allowed me to walk through. Her eyes were still closed, her breathing even and that stupid heart rate monitor continued to beep in the same rhythm that it had the day before.
"Hey Paisley." I whispered and sat down in one of the visitors chairs. Nora stared at Paisley and tilted her head slightly. "This is our daughter, Nora. I know that you're tired but she would really like it if you woke up and met her. She would really like to see those beautiful brown eyes of yours. And then I could steal you away and we could go get some pie, we could be a family." Paisley didn't move, she laid there motionless.
"The explosion that made you like this, it killed Jake. Left nothing but his hand, I can't decide whether it was a good thing or not that you missed the funeral. It was depressing, we're all struggling and it's been months." Still there was nothing and I sighed, some of the nurses thought I was crazy. coming here day in and day out just to talk to her. Other nurses said that it was beneficial to her.
"No sign of Robert, but our time limit is up Paisley. please wake up." I begged and still she didn't do anything. Nora made some incomprehensible sound that was just gibberish and stretched out her arms. She was reaching for Paisley, it was like she knew about what was going on. I stood up and placed Nora down on the bed, she was a quick learner and could already sit up and crawl a little. my hyper intelligent daughter. Nora laid down next to Paisley, curled into her side and closed her eyes. I almost broke at the sight of that alone. there was a knock at the door but I ignored the person.

"Can I come in?" a voice asked and I turned. Black hair and tan skin, blue eyes. pierce. He called Robert, he orchestrated the bomb that killed Jake and put Paisley in a coma. In a swift movement that I wasn't sure how I did, I had Robert up against the wall. My elbow pressed into his throat.
"Damon stop." Pierce choked but white hot rage burned through me.
"This is your fault! You called that bastard and he killed my best friend!" I shouted and Pierce flinched.
"It wasn't me!" Pierce choked and I pressed my elbow harder into his throat.
"BULLSHIT!" I roared, Nora started crying and then someone ripped me off of Pierce, two somebodies. I turned my head and realised it was Aiden and Sam.

"Calm down." Aiden told me and I ripped my arms free from their grasp.
"He's the reason that Jake's dead! that Paisley is in a coma!" I shouted and they both crossed their arms.
"Here him out." Sam told me and I heaved a sigh. Nora continued crying, I picked her up gently and rocked her back and forth.
"Speak." I snapped and Pierce took a deep breath.
"He kidnapped your sister a while back right?" Pierce asked and I nodded my head.
"He's got my brother. I have to protect my baby brother. He's only three, I changed after Paisley left. All of her friends did. But then Robert got something that we all valued and we all became his slaves. She called Jake to say that she was pregnant and Robert knew that was how he could work out where she was. He just had to wait for the opportune moment. Then Jake stole your dad's badge and got into the witness protection and found out her new contact details." I shook my head, no Jake wouldn't have kept that a secret from me. he wouldn't.
"Finish the story." Aiden growled.
"Robert listened to their phone calls. they were in contact for months. Meanwhile her friends back home and I had to act like assholes. we had to make her want to come back here. Then she did, but I wasn't the one to make the call. the whole Natalie thing was a set up to scare you all. to keep you all on your toes, but Robert told me who caused the explosion." Pierce explained.
"Who?" I demanded and the rage was slowly dying down.
"It wasn't an Amy, not Amelia..." Pierce trailed off as he tried to remember the name. "Amanda!" he nodded his head and my stomach churned. Amanda had visited us just before the bomb went off, she had gone over to our table. she could've easily delivered the cake, Starbucks would have given it to us whether we had ordered it or not. Then she spoke to us, maybe the bomb wasn't in the cake. what if she planted it? then she left before it went off. Shit. I sat back down in the visitors chair as I mulled it over in my head. shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit.

"We need to tell your dad Damon." Sam tole me quietly and I nodded.
"Yeah." I looked over at Paisley, the doctors doubted she would ever wake up now. One suggested that I just let her go and accept her as good as dead. I couldn't do that
"Is she going to wake up?" Pierce asked after a while.
"I don't know." And that was the worst thing of all, worse than her leaving me was her being lifeless. Growing older and not being there as she did. It was heartbreaking.
"What do the doctors think?" Pierce asked.
"They don't know either, but they're leaning towards her not waking up. ever." I shuddered at the thought, the idea that she had slipped away.
"She's a fighter, she'll wake up. That's what Paisley does, she fights." Pierce said quietly. Aiden and Sam had left by now, Nora had stopped crying.
"But there's only so much pain one person can take, what if she's at her limit? What if she can't fight anymore?" I was losing hope, which was another depressing thing.
"Paisley is a fighter. I've never seen her fight as hard as she did for you." then Pierce left, and I was all alone.
________________________________________________________________________
Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Anyone surprised that it was Amanda? Lol I have too much fun torturing these characters and putting them through hell. Again I'm sorry about Jake's death but as I've said before it had to happen. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll try and update soon!
Thanks for reading!
Read/vote/comment