A Small Message from the Other Side.

"We are proud individuals living for the city,

But the flames couldn't go much higher.

We find Gods and religions to

Paint us with salvation.

But no one

No nobody

Can give you the power

To rise!

Over love!

And over hate!

Through this iron sky,

That's fast becoming our minds.

Over fear and into freedom..."

~ Paolo Nutini

~ Iron Sky

~ Caustic Love

~~~

Love is lost in a world filled with smoke, hate and despair in which we are living right now. As I see people coming together, hearts mourning over the dead, heads filled with panic and a message of hate spreading as fast as the speed of light all over the globe.

I'm worried about the world. Not just my country, yours or the one floating in an ocean somewhere I will never be. I'm worried what will happen next, where it will happen next and who will be hurt. I'm worried about the faiths of innocents, faiths of children, women and men who are trapped, hurt or in an unsafe place.

A hateful message is spreading across the globe. I am talking about the world seeing the Islam as something bad. As a group of terrorists. If I may remind you. No religion, no skin colour, no sexuality, no nationality, no culture, no subculture, no youth culture, no gender, no music taste should ever be discriminated, dominated, pushed away, banned, exterminated, hated, bullied or be cornered.

I still believe that in the end we are all human. Yes, we are some kind of nationality. We have a color on our skin. We are speaking different languages. We believe in different things, some believe in a God, some believe in an Allah, some believe in an afterlife and some people don't believe in anything at all. But in the end we are all human! We are humans! Humans!

I believe that one day we will walk this earth without fear of dying because I am standing in line to go somewhere. A day when there will be no more war. A day when people are not fleeing from their countries in fear for hateful people. A day when people will unite and understand that in the end we need each other to create a better future filled with love, hope, happiness and peace.

To who is reading this, I hope you are in safety and that nobody you know is hurt. I hope you can smile within a few momets because of a reason unknown. I hope you know that you deserve love, happiness, hope, family and friends in your life. I hope that you will be facing another great day.

Right now, there's a girl named Maria whistling along with Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life. Because... In the end, that's what we need to do in order to find peace in our lives.

Keep on smilin'!

Xo'
Maria

(Update 22nd of September 2020: This chapter was posted after the terrorist attacks in Brussels (March 2016)