38. A Little Push

Three Days Later

Killian's POV

Emma's been gone for three days now, and I feel so lonely. I never thought I could get this low without going into drugs bit somehow I'm here.

"Killian, she'll forgive you. Just give her some time." Liam says, as we sit on my couch.

"It's been three days, Liam. I thought she'd be back by now." I rub my face in frustration.

"What she went through was hard, and I'm sure she feels as guilty as hell, but she just needs a little push to know that you're still here and waiting." An idea pops into my head.

"That's it!" I jump up and grab a piece of paper and a pencil.

"What are you doing?" Liam asks.

"Giving her a push." I smile.

Emma's POV

I lie on the bed of my hotel room, waiting to get my life back together. One part of me is saying, 'He loves you, Emma, you know that. Go back to him.' Then the other part is saying, 'he hurt you. He doesn't understand you anymore.' I'm trying to ignore it but it's eating me alive.

I look over to my notebook. I get up and take it into my hands. I sit back on the bed with my legs criss-cross. I stare at the book as I flip through the pages.

I hear something from my laptop. I open it and see a E-mail icon. I click on it. It opens a tab that has a video of Killian. I click on it.

"Hello, beautiful. I know you don't want to see me right now, and I understand, but that doesn't stop me from missing you. I miss you like hell, and I hope you come home soon." Tears gather in his eyes. He pushes them away and grabs his guitar. "Oh! I hope you don't mind me using your camera." I giggle. "I wrote this for you, and I wanted it to be special. I hope you like it.

Maybe I didn't treat you
Quite as good as I should have
Maybe I didn't love you
Quite as often as I could have
Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time

You were always on my mind

Tell me, tell me that your sweet love hasn't died
Give me, give me one more chance
To keep you satisfied, satisfied

Maybe I didn't hold you
All those lonely, lonely times
And I guess I never told you
I'm so happy that you're mine
If I make you feel second best
Girl, I'm sorry I was blind

You were always on my mind

Tell me, tell me that your sweet love hasn't died
Give me, give me one more chance
To keep you satisfied, satisfied

Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time
You were always on my mind
You are always on my mind

I love you, Swan. Please come home soon." He turns off the camera.

By the end I'm balling my eyes out. I lie on my bed and continue to cry, crying because I made him feel like that. Like I don't love him. But it's exactly the opposite.

I get my act together and gather all my stuff. I put it all into my suitcase. I look over at the clock. It reads '12:38 A.M."

I walk down go the lobby and sign out. I run to my car and throw all my stuff in it. I drive to our apartment as the night continues. I get out and drag my bag up to our apartment. I unlock the door and quietly walk in. The lights are all turned off, and not a sound is to be heard.

I carefully walk up the stairs to our room. I see him lying in our bed with his back facing me. "Killian," I whisper. He shoots his head around and jumps up. He runs to me picking me up and spinning me around.

"You came back!" He smiles and sets me down.

"I'm sorry." I cry.

"Hey," he pulls me into his arms. "It's okay, sweetheart." He holds me tight. I relax in his arms. "I'm just happy you're home." I pull back and grab his shirt, bringing his lips to mine in a fiery kiss. He doesn't hesitate to kiss back. He wraps his arms around my waist, bringing me as close as possible.

"I don't regret it." I whisper.

"What?" He pulls back.

"I don't regret anything."

"You don't?" He asks surprised. "What changed your mind? He puts his hand son my shoulders.

"I don't know. I guess it was when I realised that I was being stupid, and once you sent me the video, I realized how much I was hurting you." I avoid his eyes. "I suppose when I said that I wasn't ready for that next step, I actually was. I just didn't want to admit it to myself or you because I was scared." He slips his fingers under my chin, making me look into his eyes.

Even in the dark of the night, I can see the glistening blue that dwell in his eyes. The eyes that give me hope, that give me something to live for.

"There's no need to be scared, darling. I will never take advantage of you again, and if you will have me once again," he puts my hand to his chest. "I promise to protect you 'till my last dying breath. I know you're scared of what the future holds, but it might not be bad. Who knows, we could be happy... with a family." I jump at the word.

"A- a family?" I say shocked, and back away a bit.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He starts to panic.

"It's okay," I walk back into his arms.

"I'm not forcing you into anything. I just want you too know that I'm here, and whenever you are ready so am I." He smiles softly.

"Thank you, Killian." I hug him.

"I'll be here always, darling. I'll wait for you."