CHAPTER EIGHT

After Sasha's bath we went back in the barn I fed her hay and grain. while she ate I explored my barn and I found a saddle and bridle I smiled as a lightbulb clicked in my head there was a pasture with a secure fence and Charlie was asleep I could ride Sasha. she finished eating and I tied her to a hitching post. I quickly saddled her knowing that I may fall but hey it was worth it. and on top of that I haven't rode in what feels like ages so I was dieing to ride her but it brought back some memories of me and Lighting how we use to kill demons and angels. but we had a horrible acciedent happen and I lost Lighting for good.

(FLASHBACK)

I kicked Lightning onward as I swung my ax into a demons head blood went everywhere. we were on top of a steep hill this is also when I still had warriors. I looked up to see them coming over the hill sinking their claw and fangs into there victims. I was too busy fighting the demons when a demon charged us and pushed Lighting and I felt Lighting fall under me we rolled down hill he landed on top of me when I felt his weight shift off of me. I managed to pull myself off the ground to see Lighting holding his leg up then I realized he broke his leg I felt tears fall down my cheeks. the rest of the pack warriors ment me at the bottom realizing Lighting would be put down. Rick my alpha/dad asked for everyone to leave Emma do you have any last words to say? I nodded and he walked away. oh Lighting please just let this be a dream I don't want you to go. I said as I pinched myself. I love you boy you were a great horse I said as I kissed his forlock and gave him a hug. Are you ready asked Rick he was holding a pistol. I am sorry sweet heart I know you loved him but he is suffering he said as he hugged me. can I please go dad I asked. yes you can go he replied. I ran at vampire speed to a small creek and fell to my knees with my face in my palms. then I heard a gun shot and Lighting give a small squeal then everything was silent. I cried harder now as I felt Jenny wrap her hands around me its ok sweet heart he is going to a better place.

(END OF FLASHBACK)

I led Sasha into the pasture. I put the reins behind the horn. I took a deep breath ok here goes nothing I said to my self as I placed my right foot in the stirrup and swung my left leg over. I placed it in the stirrup and nudged Sasha. then the next thing I knew I hit the ground. I stood up and watched as Sasha threw afit bucking and rearing.