Chapter 24

We came down a familiar trail and  we kept a steady canter, Fury and I  had random conversations about random things.  Then I found myself flying in the air and hit the ground and everything went dark. When I opened my eyes it was dark and cold then remembering everything that happened I quickly sat up to see a small figure laying on the ground and not too far away a large figure. I slowly stood up and approached the small figure it was Fury laying on the ground with blood gushing out of her head. I quickly took my belt off and tore a piece of my shirt, and I used what I learned from the southern packs, I placed the tore piece of shirt over the gaping wound and tied my belt to hold it on. Now I turned my attention to the large figure I slowly approached it but when I was half way there I saw something I hated to see a dead horse, I carefully examined the lifeless body. When I saw the neck it was clear she never felt a thing and had a quick painless death. I heard shifting behind me and Fury was awake now , I watched as she touched the belt around her head and she made an odd but funny face. She turned towards me and narrowed her eyes what happened ?.  I don't really know but I can guess what happened I told her as I kneeled down by her. I stood up and helped Fury up but she looked at the large figure Is that little red? she asked as she slowly walked towards the body. I watched as she kneeled down by the head and place little red's head on her lap and she began to sobb. I'm so sorry little red I knew I should have never came down here in the first place especially at a canter. Are you ok I asked as I kneeled down beside her. Yes lets just go back to the cabin she Said as she gently laid the head back down and stood up. I followed her as we walked back home in silence. We finally made it back as I opened the door I was greeted by curious stares what the fuck happened to you two? war asked with his head tilted to one side. CHOPPER!!!!! a voice yelled from a room and Charlie came running I quickly picked him up and gave him a hug.