Chapter Six

Third Person POV

The man cloaked in darkness walked/swam over to Percy's side. He had no tail, he was human...maybe. The man reached a hand out and brushed a stray hair out of Percy's face.
The man reached into his pocket and...

Poseidon had a foreboding feeling. He should have never moved that guard. Not five minutes after he dismissed the guard in front of Percy's door, he felt a strange presence in the sea, one that he hasn't felt before. The presence felt threatening, but not as threatening as Oceanus. Oceanus had an evil aura. This being did not have an evil aura, more of a tender and loving one, but he was certainly powerful, as powerful as a minor god, if not slightly more. Quickly, he caught Triton's attention and they turned around, heading back towards Percy's room.

Triton felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned, and saw his father motioning back towards Percy's room. Had he forgotten something? Is something wrong? As they swam along, Triton focused on Percy's room. He too, felt a powerful presence. A tender and loving, but nonetheless powerful presence. He encouraged his father to swim faster so that they may catch the being in the act of whatever he was doing.

The pair reached Percy's room. Poseidon put a hand on the doorknob and looked at Triton. With an encouraging nod from his son, Poseidon quietly opened the door. Right when it was open, they saw a mysterious looking man cloaked in darkness. The man was pulling something out of his pocket. As so as it was out, they saw. It was a box. A small, cute, little box wrapped in blue with a green bow. A gift! They were confused.

The man set the box next to the sandwich Poseidon had sat on the nightstand earlier. He turned towards the door where the pair were hiding in the shadows.

"Come out. I can feel you."
The man said quietly.
"I mean no harm."

The pair slowly came out of their hiding spot.

"How did you sense us?"
Triton asked, his hand creeping down to the dagger he kept strapped to his side.

"Who are you?"
Poseidon asked, slowly reaching his mind out to his trident, ready to summon his weapon in a moments notice.

"The answers to those questions are for me to know and you to find out...when I leave. Besides, you already know me."

And with that, the man stepped into the shadows of the furthest wall and disappeared. Father and son were shocked. They shook their heads quickly, and noticed a note on top of the small gift. Triton picked it up, read it, and handed it to his father to read, forehead creased with worry more than anger.
Poseidon read the note and had the same reaction.

The note read:

Dear Royal family of the sea,
You already know me, Lord Poseidon. When you see my signature at the bottom of the page, you will wonder how I was able to breathe. My answer: Seaweed Bites. Hecate gave them to me as a thank you for a favor I had done for her earlier. They allow you the ability to breathe underwater and withstand tons of water pressure temporarily. I only came because I wanted to check up on Percy. The gift is for him, and only him. I made it with my own hands and would appreciate it greatly if you left it alone, and for no one to touch it but Percy. I would also like to inform you that although I was not a threat, there are merpeople who would love to get there hands on my dear Sea Prince. Please do post a guard and keep a guard at the door at all times. I only say this to express my concern for Percy.
With respect,
Nico Di Angelo

How was it??? So! It wasn't a threat after all, huh? I made you worry! Don't deny it!!! 😝
Anyway, I might update tomorrow too because I have extra time. Also tomorrow is my last day of school before Spring Break so expect more updates!
Vote!
Comment!
Enjoy!
~DemigodInTraining