Chapter Sixteen

Third Person POV

Campers, Hunters, and gods moved about in the Great Hall. They chatted and hugged, greeting each other. Well, the campers and some of the hunters. The gods mainly shunned them.

Percy was with Poseidon in Atlantis, getting ready to go to the party. Amphitrite bustled about him, straightening and tightening the toga that he had gotten from Aphrodite. Triton was reassuring him that everything was going to be fine as he struggled to run a brush through Percy's, now, long hair.

"QUIET" A voice boomed from the stage in the Great Hall. The Olympians flashed in, causing the demigods to avert their eyes.

"TODAY WE GATHER TO CELEBRATE OUR RETURNED HERO. HE HAS ACCOMPLISHED MANY THINGS AND HAS SAVED US ALL COUNTLESS TIMES, YET WE SHUNNED, HATED, AND/OR FORGOT ABOUT HIM."

Everyone looked down sadly.

"TODAY HE SHALL COME AND TODAY WE SHALL GREET HIM, APOLOGIZE TO HIM, AND TRY TO MAKE IT UP TO HIM."

Everyone brightened a bit at this.

"EVERYONE WELCOME, PERSEUS JACKSON!"

Everyone cheered and applauded.

The doors to the Great Hall burst open and Percy walked in. He didn't have a confident stride, he walked in rather shyly, but his cape still billowed behind him.

Everyone stared at him and sending this, his eyes nervously flitted around, settling on the ground in front of him. He kept walking until he had reached the top of the stairs. He stood in front of the gods and was handed a microphone. He stared at it like it was from outer space, then seemed to make a connection and brought it to his mouth. He spoke.

"H-hi. Um. I-I d-don't r-really know w-what to s-s-say..."

Triton flashed next to him and whispered into his ear. Percy blushed.

"Uh, th-thank y-you for c-c-coming...? That's what I'm supposed to say, right? Or, uh, what do the kids say these days?"

"You got it, Percy. The English language hasn't changed that much." Someone from the crowd said.

"Oh, uh, mh, thanks, uh, I wasn't so sure, 'cause you know..."

Silence.

"Uh yeah, so..."

Percy ran a hand through his long hair.

"I need to cut my hair...boy's hair shouldn't reach midback..."
He meant to mutter to himself, but forgot to lower the microphone, causing everyone to hear.

Everyone laughed. He blushed, embarrassed.

"Uh oops...dam...uh yeah okay...so, am I supposed to like, say a speech...?"

The crowd nodded. Percy sucked in a breath.

"Okay, Percy. You can do this. Get into character."
He forgot to lower the microphone again.

He blushed, and started his speech, making it up off the top of his head.

"Alright, listen here you little shanks. I don't care what you did or who you are, but what you did to me hurt! You have absolutely no idea how much! Being betrayed by who I had thought to be my friends when my fatal flaw is f***ing personal loyalty! It broke me! It broke me worse than torture ever would! ...But I forgive you. It's probably weird, but...I feel like I dispersed it... But never do it to anyone ever again! So, yeah! Let's have a party!
Jackson Out!"

Percy dropped the microphone and jumped off the stage. He landed in his feet and threw his hands in the air.

"Ta-da!"

Well, party time! Next chapter some characters will ask for forgiveness! Anyways, what did you think? I'm going to start updating on a schedule, so unless I get bored, the next update will be next Wednesday!
Vote!
Comment!
Enjoy!
~DemigodInTraining