Chapter Eight

Third Person POV

Sitting on the chair in the throne room, Percy was uncomfortable. It wasn't the chair, no, the chair was so comfortable it was like a bed that you sleep upright in. It was the atmosphere.

Percy looked at each person and examined them closely. The guy across the table has green hair and yellow eyes with blue tinted skin and a green tail. Next to that guy is a lady with purple hair and eyes, yellow tinted skin, and a purple tail. Next to her is a man with brown hair, blue eyes, grey tinted orange tinted skin, and a blue tail.

Percy was about to look at the next person, when suddenly the brunette man's eyes flashed a different color. His blue eyes flickered until they settled into a dark color that looked almost black, the color was creepy and made Percy go on high alert. Something was wrong.

"Dad-"

"Percy can it wait? This meeting is very important."

"I don't think so..."

"Okay...What is it?"

"That guy with the brown hair. His blue eyes aren't blue anymore."

"Percy what are you talking abo-oh."

"Is that normal?"

Poseidon shook his head. He suddenly remembered Nico's warning.
I may not be evil, but there are other people who would love to get their hands on Percy.
Poseidon got up and pulled Percy with him. He backed up to the front of the room, holding Percy tightly against his chest.

"Dad what are you doing? What's going on?"

"Shh Percy. I believe he is under evil influence right now. He is a danger to you. Sh."

Percy tensed in Poseidon's embrace/grip/hold. He burrowed closer into Poseidon's chest, wanting to be anywhere but there, but unfortunately, just as he thought that, the man stuck his hand out towards the door, and an audible click was heard. The door was locked.

Triton and Amphitrite moved to stand in front of Percy. Poseidon let go of Percy and moved to where Triton was standing, switching positions with Triton. Triton swam over to Percy and stood next to the boy, placing a comforting hand on his arm.

"Who are you and what do you want?" Poseidon's calm and angry voice boomed in the room.

The other people in the room, besides the royal family, stepped closer to Poseidon and Amphitrite. Their eyes also a swirling mass of darkness.

"You need not know who I am. Just give me the boy."
Their voices chorused.

"Never!"

"Then face the wrath of Tartarus!!!"
Their voices became the booming, dark, evil voice of Tartarus.

The man thrust his arms out, a swirling black power emitting from his palms. Poseidon and Amphitrite did the same, but with their weapons. They combated  with power. Both sides were sweating and all faces scrunched up in concentration. Triton joined his parents.

The evil power pushed harder, suddenly taking control.

"Stop! Stop it!"
The quivering voice of Percy screamed. His eyes seemed to take on a certain glow and despite the calling and grabbing of his family, he walked up to the man. The man smiled smugly, dark eyes cold.

"You see? The boy wants to come back!"
The man made a grab for Percy.
"Come now child. There are certain...gifts waiting for you!"

But Percy had different plans. With one mighty push, the man stumbled backwards, hitting his head against the table. Poseidon, Triton, and Amphitrite used this to their advantage and struck.

"You will never defeat me! I will have the boy! You could hardly defeat me now and this isn't even a sliver of my power!!!!"
And then the voice quieted. Becoming a faint whisper in the wind.

A dark evil wisp drifted out of the mouth of the people, then vanished. The people slumped over, collapsing against chairs and the table.

Percy trembled, sobbing. Triton, who was nearest to him, pulled Percy into his embrace, running a hand through his hair, whispering sweet nothings into his ear. Poseidon and Amphitrite surged forward, embracing Percy and Triton in a gigantic hug.

"I-I-I'm s-s-sorry. S-so s-s-sorry. I-I-I-"

"Shhh, Percy. It's alright son. Don't worry. You are alright now. No one will hurt you now. Shhh..."

Percy collapsed into their embrace. Amphitrite and Triton backed off, allowing Poseidon to scoop Percy up on his arms. They left the room and Poseidon brought Percy into one of the living rooms, which was just across the hall from the war room.

Poseidon sat down on an arm chair and set Percy on his lap, gently rocking and whispering sweet nothings. Amphitrite and Triton sat on the couch in front of them.

Percy eventually dozed off, and the family would stay like that until Aphrodite would arrive.

Alright guys, please be honest. Did that suck? I feel like it sucked. Anyway, yeah, there you go. Evil wisp possessing the merpeople in the war room. Evil wisp unintentionally identifying itself. The sea family comforts their second youngest and most vulnerable member. (Youngest being Tyson) Next chapter will have Aphrodite and Tyson!
Vote!
Comment!
Enjoy!
~DemigodInTraining