Chapter 4

"I can do ALL things through Christ who STRENGTHENETH me."
-Philippians 4:13 (KJV)

3 weeks later

_____________________________________________________

I left my college business class and started walking to my car.

I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket and I took it out to see Quincy calling.

"Hello?" I answered still walking to my car.

"Hey what you doing?"

"Just leaving class."

"Perfect, I was going to ask you if you wanted to hang with me?"

"I have studying to do."

"I can help you study?"

I looked at the time and responded "Alright. Where we meeting?"

"I got a little something special set up at Lakeside Park."

"At the park?"

"Yes." I could hear his smile through the phone.

"And what if I declined your offer."

"I would have to take this nice little surprise I have for you and wait till another time."

"Well I'll be there in a few."

I drove to Lakeside Park and got out the car.

A part of me was nervous but another part told me to relax. Through the 3 weeks, Quincy and I have been texting a lot. Actually having really good, deep conversations.

Ironically I've been seeing less of Solomon though. He doesn't come to church anymore, his grandmother doesn't know where he goes half the time. I honestly hadn't seen him since he dropped me home the one time.

I walked into the park area, where a great view of the park could be found.

I found Quincy sitting on a blanket with a cooler next to him and a little speaker. I covered my mouth as he noticed me and started smiling.

I approached the blanket and greeted him with a smile in return.

"Wow this is really nice Quincy."

"I figured I'd tap into my romantic side for this one."

"This is really sweet."

"Come sit down." He patted a space next to him.

I did as he said and sat down.

It was a beautiful day, about 79 degrees, nice breeze, laughter and fun filled the air from children, just wonderful.

Quincy had some music playing through his small portable speaker, which was linked to his phone.

"You look beautiful as always." He complimented.

"Thank you."

"So I went out my way to make us some sandwiches..." but then he paused pulling a Chipotle bag out the cooler. "But I accidentally put some old mayo on the sandwiches so I had to throw them out. So I got us some Chipotle instead. That cool?"

I felt my cheeks tensing up to for a smile. "Yeah that's fine."

He handed me my Chipotle bowl and a spoon. Then he pulled out two Minute Maid lemonades. He handed one to me and kept the other for himself.

"What's all this for?"

"For you. All week you've been talking about how stressed you've been with school so I wanted to pamper you just a little."