Chapter 21

Noelle and I both took our seat with our food.

"Okay now spill it." She grabbed a fry off her tray.

"Where to begin." I searched my tray for an answer.

"Well you can start from that awkward situation we all experienced earlier."

I sighed deeply and began. "Well in that case I guess I should tell you that Solomon and I are back talking."

Her eyes widen. "What!"

"Yeah, someone decided to pop up and surprise me out the blue."

"Really now?" She sipped her Sprite.

"Yes, met me at the library. Long story short we had a conversation and were getting back to a good friendship. But anyway, when him and I went out to eat together, got some interesting information." I munched on one of my fries.

"He got a baby!"

"Girl no! Well not that he told me."

Noelle narrowed her eyes. "Mhmm.....then what?"

"About Quincy....apparently he still has an ongoing relationship with the mother of his child."

"Oh really? And was trying to work something out with you?"

"Yes. I mean we're not together or anything but he could have been honest."

"Uh yeah. I knew it was too good to be true. But I like Solomon better anyway." She slyly smirked.

I felt myself blush a little. "Oh whatever."

"So no more Quincy?"

"I'll still speak, but yeah I think a distance friendship is best."

"Yeah, plus you got Solomon to worry about."

I began to giggle and threw a fry at her. "Oh shut up."

I finished catching Noelle up on all the recent activities in my life and she did the same to me.

After we finished eating we threw our trash away and started to head out the restaurant.

"Well I have some homework I have to finish up." Noelle sighed

"Same here. But I have to go to the church."

"Again..?"

"Mhmm. I told my Mom about the music deal, and she thinks it's a bad idea. She said it'll take me from school and helping with the church."

Noelle and I both walked towards our cars slowly.

"Meadow, think it's time you put yourself first. Don't let your Parents guilt trip you into not pursuing a music career. You've spent years sacrificing so much of your life."