Chapter 9

"What are y'all two doing here?" One officer asked.

"We were just talking sir." I responded.

"Aren't you Pastor's Brooks daughter?"

"Yes."

"He know you out here?"

"He's away right now."

The other officer whispered in the ear of the one asking us questions.

The both paused for a moment and started questioning Solomon.

"Did you attend a party earlier this afternoon?"

Solomon didn't respond he just looked clenched his jaw.

"I asked you a question." He officer sternly said.

"Yes we both were at the party." I said just so we wouldn't get into trouble.

The officer nodded and pulled out a set of hand cuff. "We need to take you for questioning."

"Questioning for what?! We ain't do nothing." Solomon started to get upset.

I regretted even saying anything. They cuffed me and Solomon.

"Nah, let her go. She wasn't even involved in the party."

The one officer who hand me cuffed paused looking for an answer from the other.

"Fine, let her go. We'll take him."

The officer uncuffed me and asked me to stand back.

"Solomon!!" I exclaimed.

He peaceful walked off with both cops and got into the car.

I watched helplessly feeling as if I wanted to cry.

Luckily Solomon left his keys so I grabbed them and headed to the police station. I wasn't going to leave him alone.

********

I spent several hours at the station waiting for them to release Solomon. They thought he was a suspect that was shooting at the party that we went to a few hours previous.

It was about 4:00am and I was tired and exhausted.

Finally they released him and he came out with a pleasant smile.

"You came?" He asked walking up to me.

"Of course. Wasn't going to just take your car and vanish."

He smirk and put an arm around me. That was the first time he ever physically touched me outside of friendly gestures. My heart slightly increased in pace but I kept a cool exterior.

"Yo, you really have been looking out for me. Haven't had anyone be this nice to me in my whole life."

We both started walking out the station.

"What are friends for?"

He nodded "You look exhausted, I need to get you home. I'm sorry I had you out all night and got you mix into all this."

"It's not your fault, there's no way you could've known this was going to happen."

He nodded and walked me to the passenger's side and opened the door for me to get in then closed it once I was in.

Once he got situated in the car we pulled off and started to head to my house.

I ended off falling asleep on the car ride back.

I was beyond tired and I just wanted to sleep.

The next morning I woke up laying in my bed. I didn't remember waking up and going into the house.