Chapter 10

"What's wrong?" I asked concerned

Solomon didn't come off as the type that easily cries so for him to be before me with dried up tears immediately alarmed me.

"I can't do this Meadow."

"Do what?"

"This! What your friend did. Like I'm not ready." He started to look around in panic.

"Do you feel like you need to?"

He paused and looked in my eyes. "I can't explain the feeling I have right now."

"I will go up with you, I won't leave you. I didn't before and won't start now."

As I spoke a tear dropped down his cheek. He quickly wiped it. "I hate crying yo."

"It's okay to cry. You've been hurt a lot in your life and you need to know it's not bad to open up and let God heal you."

The more I spoke the more tears dropped.

I grabbed his hand "I got you."

I expected him to pull away but he actually followed me.

We went into the prayer line and patiently waited.

When it was our time I felt him squeeze my hand.

"It's okay." I reassured him.

He nodded taking a deep breath.

Solomon and I both stepped forward as Jason began to pray.

Solomon bowed his head and lifted a hand.

"You saved young man?" He asked Solomon.

Solomon shook his head no.

"Would you like to get saved?"

Solomon glanced over to me and then nodded. "Yes."

The congregation went back into an uproar at the announcement of his decision.

"Look here saints, God is really tugging on the youth! Time is getting near and these youth know it's time to get right."

Everyone clapped including me. Then Jason looked at Solomon and lead him into the prayer of salvation "Repeat after me. Father I first acknowledge that I am a sinner..."Jason began.

Solomon repeated Jason's words, as he was asked. Then afterwards everyone greeted him. I hugged and embraced him first "I promise you won't regret this decision."

"I don't think I will." He said back.

After everyone hugged and congratulated him he returned back to his seat in the back. I noticed his grandmother weeping as Jason brought the service to a close.

After service was officially over Mother Evelyn came over to me.

"Hey Ms. Evelyn."

She wrapped her arms around me. "Thank you, thank you so much."

"For?"

"You have no clue how much that boy has changed since he's been around you. I know he was with you last night. He told me everything, and I know nothing happened." She said as she released me.

"Least you believe me."

"I got on Solomon for what he did, he shouldn't have stayed without your permission. I'll talk to your parents if you want?"

"That would be nice, maybe they could believe you."

"Your parents did a wonderful job raising you and if they can't trust their skills as parents......well that's a shame."