.28. I Hope to God (S)He Was Worth it

Why is it that some people can just be so fucking cute, and I'm just over here writing Fanfiction?

In the last six months everything had changed. In between late night shows, our own performances, interviews, and just about everything else we hadn't had a chance to breathe. Some nights Brendon didn't get home until late and was up and gone for the next day before the sun was up. He was irritable, and seemed really stressed. I had tried everything. I stayed up until he got home, but he just brushed me off. I got up even earlier to make him breakfast, which he always said he didn't have enough time to eat. This day was no exception except the fact that we were back at my house for a change. We had gone to Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada and New Mexico before coming back home for a few days and then heading to the East coast. This morning I slept in a little later, got up and made some scrambled eggs and pancakes thinking that would bring him out of whatever funk was up with him. When I finished he had just gotten out of the shower. His hair was still wet and he had his towel wrapped tightly around his waist. He came into the kitchen and took a pancake before taking a bite and pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"Did I tell you that you make fantastic pancakes?" He asked me taking another bite and leaving to get dressed. I scoffed quietly and settled into another breakfast alone. By the time I had finished cleaning up the kitchen and got dressed he had left without even saying goodbye. I wanted to know what had happened. What had changed us? It was really pissing me off.

🖕🏿Jacob🖕🏿: hey wanna meet up?

Mrs. Urie: ya bish! When?

🖕🏿Jacob🖕🏿: now... I'm bored.

Mrs. Urie: surprise there. Starbucks?

🖕🏿Jacob🖕🏿: ya

I grabbed my bag and headed out of the house. I got into the car and Brendon's playlist was playing. A strange feeling filled up my gut. I pulled out his auxiliary chord and tossed it into the backseat. We had been married for 7 months... It only took 7 months for him to get tired of me. I looked down at the ring on my finger, and twisted it. Was I not enough? I knew I wasn't... This was all a huge mistake. I took off my ring and put in the cup holder. I knew I wasn't good enough for him. GOD! I'm so fucking stupid. I drove to the Starbucks and parked before getting out and putting on the best smile I could. As I walked in Jacob came behind me and wrapped me up in a hug.

"Hiiiii..." I exhaled as he squeezed me tighter.

"Hi." He said as we got in line to order. We ordered and then sat down. I immediately looked out the window. My heart was heavy with worry about where I was going with Brendon and I's relationship. "Yo... What's up?" He asked with a worried look in his eyes.

"Nothing." I said too quickly.

"Seriously? How fucking stupid do you think I am?"

"I don't..." My voice broke and I looked down at my lap.

"J?"

"Something is wrong... With Brendon..." I said tilting my head back. I didn't want to cry. Crying would make it real. I looked at him and his eyes widened in fear and he bit his lip. "I don't know what it is..." He looked from side to side and started tapping on the table. "Is there something wrong?"

"No, no. Why would something be wrong?" He asked me quickly.

"Jacob? Are you and Brendon having an affair?" I said with a chuckle.

"NO! I told you! I'm not gay!!!" He practically yelled at me. A few people looked our way and I laughed.

"No way... You are so gay for Dan..."