Chapter 21: First Day Show

3 Years Ago

First Day of Freshmen Year

“People are staring.” My twin noted. Her body is slumped lazily in the passenger seat and her head is tilted in her window. “I wonder if we’ll be able to make new friends.”

I put the car into a stop as I contemplated why there aren’t many cars in view on the parking lot. That is until I realized that I am a year older than these fifteen years old people. They can’t drive a car yet.

“Don’t count on it.” I answered her as I maneuvered our way to park. There is a single black Volvo on the very end of the lot and I decided to park right next to it. It can lessen the attraction of the crowd’s eyes if I don’t park solo.

“You’re such a buzz kill.” Nat pouted. “I don’t want to be treated like an outcast anymore.”

I know that she knows that no matter what, we’re going to be treated that way. Thanks to the booming popularity of the so-called “William Era”, people are now avoiding us like plague.

“First day all over again.” I muttered under my breath.

I took a deep breath before getting out of the car. I know already the effect of this action. It was so fast. People started murmuring in an instant. I marvel how fast the word of mouth will spread the news that the William Twins are studying in Xavier.

I study my surroundings quickly. Majority of the colors I see are blue and white. Credits to the hideous uniform of this private school, I have no choice but to comply to wear a white long-sleeve underneath a navy blue coat with a navy blue necktie and a cream colored pants. My sister on the other hand couldn’t be happier with the uniform. Our only difference is that she wears skirt and killer heels.

Why do girls wear those scary high heels anyways.

“This place is so huge. Xavier absurdly resembles a castle. Look at those huge rocks!” Natalie mused, walking closer to me.

Xavier is an adopted school of Harvard University so the design and structure looks eerily similar, only Xavier has huge castle-like bricks and golden gates.

“They are the William.”

A loud whisper called my attention. My reflex reaction was to turn my head to that direction. I saw a group of people froze as my eyes met theirs. Then they scurried away.

I sighed.

“Yeah... we’re not going to make new friends.” I muttered to Natalie.

The moment my father took over the company, we received this constant sign that people are afraid of us. My family, or the William, is associated with the bad guys. My father has close connections with the bounty hunters. My mother was once a top secret spy of some underground company but she quit the job and study fashion and design instead. But her super ninja skills are still there whenever she’s cooking. My grandfather was the intelligence of the Mafia. He got killed by the police. It was a secret and so the media made up a story that he died because of heart attack.

It’s funny because as far as I know, we don’t have a history of heart diseases.

Natalie and I walked inside the Guidance Office to get our schedules and maps. I have a gut feeling that my twin and I will have separate classes. It’s about time we get on with our own lives.

All my life I am always associated with Natalie. People can’t look at me as an individual person. It will always be, “Oh, you’re Natalie’s twin!” In Natalie’s point of view, people always associated her with me. It is really annoying at times.