chapter 13 : heartless

• Dedicated to Hadjer Mazouz

“ but…. Okay I get it now , you are like me sofia !” he removed the serious face ,   I raised my eyebrows waiting for him to explain , “ well I have to ask you a question first , what do you think about love and serious relationships ?” he asked while putting the money above the addition and he didn’t let me pay , I don’t believe that a gesture like this came out from a guy like him .

“ I don’t believe anymore  in this shit called love , I think that it’s the biggest lie on earth plus it’s a waste of time and serious relationships are useless, there is a lot of drama, pressure and problems . all of this ends up with a broken heart.” I declared sounding really confident and attached to my opinion

“ see you are my soul mate ,  girls should have that same point of view to make this world a better place  and my opinion about love is exactly the same as yours”  I can see that he was really impressed with my answer.

We walked in a comfortable silence until we arrived to my station , then I started to speak “ Eww , us ? like each other ? I’m not really into this and you should find someone else to be like him”

He burst into laughter and said “  we should do this again , you know nothing official “ he winked at me and pushed me slightly from the road. “ thank you for everything lucas and I think that we can really get along because we have a lot of things in common” I turned around to make my way to the taxi , “ you just said something nice ! I can’t believe “ he screamed from behind. “ haha bye luke “ I gave him a small wave and I got up into the car;I really meant what I said to him but he doesn’t have to know.

I thought about Lucas couple of times on my way home, I really enjoyed his company and I was so comfortable with him, I didn’t feel nervous or stressed ,  but I can’t see him more than a friend . well may be if Adem wasn’t in the picture I would fall head over heels for him. I should do this more often in order to move on.

“ Tell me how was your date with this new guy?” my little sister kept asking me this question since I came back home, “ why do you even care “ I replied with  concern.

You see my sister is only 12 years old but she’s the coolest person on earth , I can tell her anything and everything  and she never  told our daddy that’s why I love her so freaking much, sometimes i think  about  really creative ways to kill her because she pisses me  a lot.

“ well because when you fall for this new lucas I won’t have to listen about your silly Adem anymore “ she explained with a stupid grin on her face , “ but you forgot that you’re are going to listen about my new silly lucas “ I said slipping into my pajamas.

“ you know that I hate Adem , I mean you made me hate him because I listen to your stories and conversations 24 hours a day plus this lucas seems really nice and he paid for food , you know what they say sis , the closest way to a woman’s heart is her stomach or is it the man ? anyway the guy’s really trying give him a break would ya! “ I bet that’s she is dreaming about food right now ,  she is that kind of people who eat a lot and don’t gain An inch and I really hate her for that .

“ to a man’s heart you dorky and I don’t talk too much  about Adem, right?” I questioned her while throwing myself in my bed. “ haha yes right you totally forgot about him sis “ she burst out of laughter and winked at me. Remind me to kill her later because I’m so tired right now.