chapter 17 : My tutor

• Dedicated to Serine Malina

An “F” on math, I’m a dead person for my dad. I woke up in the morning to have the same boring day and the same killing routine although something kind of broke it when I met Luke he clearly could see my devastation I had those sad puppy eyes on my face. “what’s wrong ?” I really could see the concern in his eyes ,“nothing really” I responded.

“you don’t expect me to buy that do you ?” he questioned rising his eyebrows , “ I had an “ F “ on math “ that sad  face still didn’t leave me.

“well I could help you , my father is a professor of math and I’m kind of really good at it , I suck at the other subjects though” he suggested and my eyes sparkled “ you mean like a tutor ?” I asked him placing a big smile on my face.

“yes exactly, but there is a little problem”  he declared sounding a little nervous , “ I promised Adem that I would tutor him too and I kind of only have one free time so you’ll be together like in the same place”

What the F , we are going to be in the same place doing the same thing for hours , that should be the most awkward situation ever.

“ I don’t mind , the most important thing is to understand this shit” I said pointing to my book of math ( I mean my worst nightmare ).

“let’s go to the library down town because Adem is waiting  there”  Lucas told me while grabbing his phone to text Adem, I followed him in silence.

“ you can start to tell me about you and him now “ Lucas suggested , “a deal is a deal , plus I’m helping you can I have a least an explanation, I know I deserve one after all what happened”.

“okay you are going to have your story, just shut up” I replied , “ i met Adem one year ago and I fell in love with him, being the biggest idiot on planet I thought that he did too because everything he does showed me that, so I told him that I’m in love with him” I stopped to take a deep breath, I could feel the tears right now. “ he didn’t feel the same way about me and he told me the reason why he is heartless and he doesn’t date which I can’t tell you about it because it supposed to be a secret”. I tried to push the tears back because I didn’t want luke to see me weak and fragile and feel pity for me.

“ I.. I am really sorry Sofia “ he said sincerely ,there it is Lucas is feeling pity for me right now . I just hate it when people apologize, are they making any deference ?.

“but why? Why do you like him anyway?” Lucas asked with disbelief “ like him?” I sighed before starting to explain “ I wish that I just liked him, it is beyond a crush or something , I’m in LOVE and the reason why I’m head over heels for him is that his perfect to me,even tough he is an asshole and there is no single reason to like him that stupid part of me keeps pulling me towards him” I declared stepping into  the library .

“this is way beyond what I thought” he replied “ but hey, I’m going to do my best in order to make you forget about him”.

“Why you keep helping me?” I questioned him and I was really confused, he took a step towards me leaving about two inches between us. “Because I like you so much and I’m going to fight for you” putting a soft grin on his face.

“I..Um” I really didn’t know what to say, “Don’t worry I don’t expect you to say anything” Lucas replied making me breathe a sigh of relief.

“ Hey Lucas, over here” His deep voice made my heart beats accelerate even more, I could feel my eyes sparkle and a small smile started to appear on my face without my will.

“You’re not helping me right now” Lucas whispered as we made our way to Adem, “I know, sorry” I replied.

Adem raised an eyebrow as we sat next to him and pulled our books, “I didn’t know you were coming “he glared at me and his eyes were really cold.

“Hello to you too” I began when Lucas cut me and placed his arm on my shoulder “she needed help and as you know I’m always there for her “.

Adem kept glaring at him for a long time before saying “ So you too huh ?”.

“ you can say man, but what is between us is more special because she’s not the type of Love or serious relationships “  Lucas replied lifting his hands and grabbing a pen.

Adem turned at me for confirmation and I nodded in agreement, what the hell am I doing?

“Last time I checked she believed in love” Adem said still looking straight at me, “Well I don’t anymore “    I replied trying my best to make it real.

“How about we start with this?” I proposed to break the tense between all of us, after that Lucas started to explain and it sounded clearer, he is my SAVIER.

We worked on a couple of exercises for about 2 hours, the boys wanted to go because they had practice.

I thanked Luke for the millionth time when we got out from the library, Adem was so quiet and he didn’t look at me a single time, why was he so upset? Why does he even care about me and Lucas? He didn’t want me to be with him and at the same time he didn’t want me to be with someone else oh my god what is the matter with this boy it’s probably why he’s driving me crazy!

 Lucas proposed to walk me home but I said no because I didn’t want him to be late for the practice.

“Goodbye guys and good luck for your test tomorrow “ Lucas responded with a wave and a small smile but Adem didn’t even look at me and he left, Okay he is being a real douche bag right now.

  You said it yourself he’s a douche bag why are in love with him or in your proper words “head over heals for him”.