The Next Day and The Next Challange

Jace's POV

I wake up the next morning alone. Gaven isn't anywhere to be found and I start to worry. Did he get up to go find food and find his brother instead? Did they get into a fight? I start to get freaked out and hurry to get changed with the clothes given to me last night.

I leave the room as quick as I can and head down the stairs. The kitchen is the closest room to the stairs so I start there first. When I find no one there I start to look through the other rooms that line this hallway. When I've looked through all the rooms in this area of the house I start to head for the other section of the building.

After I check about 3 rooms I begin to hear arguing coming from a door on the other side of the hallway and any hunger I had is gone as I think of what could be happening on the other side of that door.

I move slowly to the door and I can smell Gaven and Gracer's scents, I always forget I have super human senses, and decide to listen for a moment to try and see what was being said on the other side.

The talking is mumbled but I can make out a bit of what their saying, "What do you mean by some of the other Super tribes know Jace exists? That shouldn't be possible." Judging by the tone of the voice it was Gaven who said that and he sounded really mad.

"When Silence made me kidnap her she had other people with her, most of them from different tribes, and when I was leaving I could hear that she wanted to sell her to one of the tribes. Now I don't know if they know she's with a kid, they'd do anything to get those two and use them for their own agendas." Gracer this time. If I didn't know any better I would say he sounded worried about the matter.

They went on and on about the other tribes for well over an hour so I decided to go get some food. I won't lie when I say that their conversation didn't freak me the fuck out. The other tribes are after me because I'm Gaven's mate and if they did find out that I'm with a child who knows what they'd do to the kid. I was scared, more like terrified. Silence has done things to the situation that can never be undone, wait who is Silence? Someone from the island? I never really got to meet anyone aside from Gaven's parents and his sister.

I don't know what to do, if I was taken again it might kill Gaven and if the other Supers came in hordes I couldn't do anything. I'd be in the way, a lability to Gaven and everyone else. I couldn't run or fight because if I were to change forms it might kill the child. Mom said the other night that it was a dangerous idea for any wolf when they were pregnant. She also said that the unborn child may be strong and could handle a knife to the gut but they couldn't withstand the change the mom goes through. I risked my child's life once because I was mad and I wasn't thinking, I'm not going to do it again. This whole thing is one big fucked up situation.

A short time after getting to the kitchen and finally making some pancakes I heard footsteps enter the kitchen. "You shouldn't be cooking. You should let someone else do it for you," Gaven said as he walked up behind me. He put his arms around my waist and held me tight. "God I missed you. Another day and I might have gone crazy."

I finished the last pancake and took the pan off the burner. I turned around to face Gaven and hugged him. "Judging by what Nela told me you did go crazy. She told me about what happened in town with the humans and my father." I looked up to him with a slight judgmental face and he looked at me with slight humor and fear. His face was so warming though. I missed him with my whole being and being back with him I felt whole. I never wanted to leave his side again, not for all of eternity. I loved this man and I always would. I leaned up and kissed him tenderly. He kissed back and for a silent moment we were there together. He finally broke the kiss and grabbed the plate of food and lead me to the kitchen table.