Meeting The Family

/Meanwhile\

Gaven's POV

Nela leads the way down this small towns Main Street where a few dozen people are walking around and shopping. The street lights flood with life and not a single car is in sight. Nela all the while focuses on picking up a scent for Jace.

As we reach a small store people start to notice and look at us like we're nut jobs. A young couple walks by staring at us and Lucas growls at them. The couple then run off. After that Nela opens her eyes and looks to Jazz and me, "I think I got a lead. Smells like the trail heads to the north part of the town. I'd say somewhere in the outskirts where more of the remote people live." I nod to her.

"Alright you heard her," at this time all the people on the street look to me cause I'm now yelling. "I don't care who sees you, just find Jace and when you do contact me. Now go!" I yell to my men and they start running. After they pick up some speed they jump and change into their wolves. The humans are now smart enough to run away in fear, running into shops and locking the doors, like that would keep Were's out. Thankfully for them we're not here for their lives.

A pair of kids walk out of one of the stores a minute later and walk towards us. A young boy and girl stand before me, "I don't know who you are or who your looking for but we would like to help. Me and my little sister are Were's and we would like to join you. We have been on our own for so long, my sister is about to break. Please let us join you." the young boy says while he and his sister lean down as if to bow. I pick up on some of the chatter the humans are saying inside the shops. Their all talking about the pair of young wolves who they think are human and completely stupid. I look to some of the shops with teeth bared.

"Very well, but what are your names young wolves?" I ask determining these two are of good hearts.

They rise and the girl speaks, her voice small and weak, "I am Chloe and my brother is Jacob." she says looking right at me.

"Well it's nice to meet you. I am Gaven and these are my men. Follow the road to the north, you should meet up with the rest of my people in a few minutes and I will tell them you are there to help. Oh this will help prove you to them when you see them." I change my hand to claws and put a distinctive three slash and one slash with a curved end on their arms. This is for all new wolves in our island. The slashes heal quick and leave scars that will still be visible in their wolf forms. "Now go."

"Yes sir." they both say and turned around. They launch into their wolves and the people in the shops started freaking out again. Such scared and primitive a race they are, humans. Thankfully not all humans are week and afraid.

As the two siblings get out of sight I hear walking coming from behind me and the others. Whoever is stupid enough to sneak up on Werewolves should just kill themselves. From the corner of my eyes I see Jazz, Jackson, and Nela turn around. I do the same and stop in my tracks. Who stands before me is almost a spitting image of Jace, just a man.

"Damien? What are you doing back here? I thought you were away on a trip." Nela says walking towards Damien. Jazz growls at Nela to back away but she ignores him.

"I had a feeling something was going to happen so I came back," this Damien character says then looks to me completely ignoring Jazz's angry. "Are you Gaven?" he says straight to me like he already knows the answer. I nod infuriated that he knows my name.

"He is, and who are you?" Jazz says through clenched teeth. Damien looks to him and smiles. He bows his head as if he knows Jazz's power and placement in our world.

"I am Damien, Jace's father." His words hit me and I become even more angry that I didn't realize this when I first saw him. The eyes and his hair are just like Jace's and their speech is quite similar too. Jazz cools off as he hears this and releases his jaw from a tight clench.

Nela starts talking to him again and I start drifting off into my thoughts. After the night Jace first changed and she passed out we talked about our lives. At some point she began talking about her dad and how after her mom 'died' he pulled away and entangled himself in his work.

<flashback>

We just finished our little quality time in bed when I moved Jace and I up to the pillows. I laid a sheet over her just in case someone came into the room and to keep myself from losing control seeing her naked. Jace then mentioned how my family was so nice and close compared to hers and I had told her there wasn't much of a difference.

"You don't know what my family is like." she told me kicking her right leg above the sheets, exposing her nice tan, smooth skin that I just wanted to touch.

"How bad could it really be?" I asked her trying to understand where she came from better. At the time I knew her mom was gone and her friend was living with her.

She began talking about how her dad shut her out after her mom was gone, how he only really paid attention to her if she was late home and if she got into any other kinds of trouble but it didn't last long. He'd scold or punish her for getting in trouble and leave for work again. Those were the only times she ever saw him too.

I began thinking then that the only person she really had was her friend and Jace said she disappeared quite often for very short periods of time. So basically she was almost always alone and had no one.

I pulled her close to me and hugged her tightly but soft. She had soon fell asleep in my arms.

<End of flashback>

Jackson was standing in front of me snapping his fingers. I grabbed his wrist and pushed his hand away from my face, "Sorry." I said looking to the shops. The humans were gone; probably ran out the back of the stores.

"Dude what happened?" Jazz asked walking closer to me.

"I thought I could feel Jace again," the guys and Nela looked hopeful when I said that but I shook my head to say I didn't really feel it. This got them to lose that hope.

"How long has my daughter been taken for?" Damien asks looking to us all. As I process his question I become inflamed with anger.

I walk up to him and punch him square in the jaw, "How dare you give a damn about her now? You hardly even noticed her when she was here and now you have the nerve to care about her well being now? You scum." Damien goes to stand back up and I aim to strike him again when the others hold me down and tell me to camn down.

He stands back up and rubs his jaw, a bright red mark now covers most of his lower face. "I'll admit that I wasn't really there for her and I know that was wrong, but when Jace's mom left to go back into hidding I didn't want to be around Jace as much. Just looking at my daughter brought back the pain of what happened. I regret how I acted towards her and I want to make up for it by helping to find her." As he finishes his little speech I become even more mad towards this man.

I break out of the hold of my friends and Nela and launch towards Damien.

-----^-----^-----

Ok so I did my best for this chapter and I hope you enjoy it.

Oaklandgirl