Chapter 11- "Regrets"

*Twitcam*

"You know I think that was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me, like there is not a day that I go by that I am not thankful to Elaine and her Cousin Jared, had they not showed up I would have been raped I don't even want to think about it, but I am safe thankfully, and Harvey was charged heavily cause he was 18 already and I was still 17 so technically I was a minor, his parents fined him out tho, and he lost his graduation, etc etc, but you know what the sad part was? That when the school found out, a few other victims came out, like it turns out that I was not the first person he had taken to the back of his truck, and it was depressing but I can relate, I understand their fear 100% like the shame of it all, and what not, its not something you want others to know, but what's important and I want some of you to know, that if you or someone know is going though something like this or this has happened to you, It doesn't even need to be that far just any kind of bulling in general or harassment well you need to break the silence.... "

***Virginia's POV***

My hands still tremble as I do my best to keep a tight grip on the wheel, I was still shaken up by the phone call from my daughter, my only child, calling me to let me know that she had been almost sexually assaulted by another boy from her school, I had never in my life felt the urge to kill or hurt any body but when I saw my baby in tears and that disgusting piece of shit handcuffed I did...I let out a cry of anger and pulled on the side of the road I can't drive anymore.

I take a deep breath "My Daughter is safe now" I tell my self over and over again, and I know she is, she is at Elaine's house with her cousin, she is probably feeling safer than she is with me her own mother, This is impossible how did I let this happen? No why did I let this happen? 

I was so close to her she used to tell me everything, but I pushed her away it was all my fault because during the years that she needed me the most I wasn't there, I was too busy feeling lonely my self, I needed somebody there, so I said yes to the first man who had made me feel special in ages, I was too busy trying to become the person Matthew wanted me to be that I let go only thing that mattered to me, the only thing I ever loved slip away from my grasp. I was scared I was in a new country surrounded by strangers I was so out of my element that I very blindly let someone else lead me and take everything away from me including my own voice, my own rights, I let somebody overpower me completely to the point of loosing my self.

But something was changing in me in the past few months, I don't know what triggered it, maybe it was because I was back in my own country, maybe it was seeing my daughter's attitude change, the way she stood up for her self that made me want to change to be better, to bring her back to win her over back to me again. It sparked a flame, and tonight after the way she was nearly harmed it finished opening my eyes to the fact that my baby needed me, that I needed to fight for what was rightfully mine, today that little flame turned into a full blown wild fire. Determined finished my drive home.

"Where have you been?" Demanded Matt as soon as I walked in the door.

"The real question is where have YOU been" I told him while removing my coat.

'Taking care of bussiness' honestly what did he think that I was born yesterday?

"If drinking until this hour while you mess with other women is called working, then you are a very hard worker" I told him while I walked past him upstairs.

"This is exactly why I hate to be home with you now! You need to stop giving me attitude!" he yelled while he followed me up the stairs. "I am your husband you owe me some respect!"

"Hey you know what they say love you treat others the way you want to be treated" he jerked my arm and had me facing him.

"I asked you where have you been?" I jerked my arm away.