Chapter 19-"Star-Crossed"(Part 2)

***Hi, I am very sorry for taken two months to update, I am going through an extremely hard/sad time in my life, thank you for the support, those of you know you are! Thank you for continuing to read my book during my absence, for all those sweet comments that gave me a smile amongst all the pain.

Writing has always been my way to escape, but it has been so awful lately I haven't had time to hardly breathe, to escape anywhere. Here is Chapter 19 hope you enjoy it, as always bare with me I promise I am going somewhere with this book, trust me. Xx As always please leave your comments/feed back in the space below! and if you feel the story deserves it please give it a Vote! I love you all so much my Wattpad Family! <3 a BIG hug to each of you wherever you might be.

-PS:Contest for characters is now closed I got a good couple of ones thanks! Xx ***

***Michael's POV***

"I am serious!" Virginia stated as she laughed taking another sip of her Mango smoothie She was so stubborn it only made me laugh harder "Shut up Michael I did not fart okay?"

I believed her but giving her a hard time was always fun, she stuck her tongue out to at me and grabbed my hand. I was visiting Boston I seem to spend a lot of time here these days. It was a lovely spring day so we decided to take a stroll down Emerald Necklace, spring was just around the corner and everything was blooming back to life, I had bloomed to life my self. Virginia made me feel whole again. Evelyn had been the only woman I had been with, and I was with her from a young age, it had been so long I had forgotten what love felt like; and now that I remembered I was not about to let her go.

I had planned this inside my head for a good month now, but I couldn't find the words anymore. We had been walking for a while now, she was telling me about her job, and co-workers, I was only half listening and half looking for the perfect place. Up in the distance not to far from us, was a stone bridge overlooking a pond, a canopy of trees waiting to blossom at each entrance that would give us the perfect cover for this moment.

"Lets pause for a moment, I'm tired" I lied to her, she agreed and leaned against the bridge. I didn't know where to start but one look at her and the words seemed to flow with ease. "I love you Virginia"

"I love you too" she said smiling, I reached over and kissed her.

"Do you mean it?"

"I Do."

"I know I may never be Erick, but I love you a lot" I knew about Erick, I knew all about him, just as she knew everything about Evelyn. Two different love stories, but both of them had been our other half that we had loved beyond reason, I knew that deep down she would always love Erick, for who he was to her, for the love that they had shared, for the daughter they had, but he was now sadly gone, and was now a fond memory. As my loving memory of Evelyn would always remain, regardless of what she had done, how she had ended she would always be my first love. And it would always reflect on the daughter we had. Virginia and I where now grown ups and we both understood this.

"No you wont, as I wont ever be Evelyn, but I also love you a lot. It's a different kind of love" She said as if guessing my thought "But I can tell you I haven't felt like this since he passed away, and its been a long time."

"I don't want to lose you, I don't want to let go of the second best thing that has come my way. Second only to Elaine. I don't want to have to keep saying goodbye to you, or having to see you every other week, or only once a month because of the distance. I want to wake up to you every morning, I want you to be the first and the last thing I open and close my eyes to Virginia" She was looking at me wide eyed I grabbed both hands and got down on one knee. Here I go.