Chapter 8

"Tsubaki...did you just..."

Tsubaki covered her mouth, she found herself really dumbfounded on what she had said behind her friend's back, and that friend being Kaori.

"Kousei, I'm sor-"

"I get it."

"N-no! Kousei, it isn't like that! You know it's true, don't you?"

"You're jealous, am I right?"

"Kousei...I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that, honest!"

Kousei sighed and hung his head as he stared at the gray steps beneath him. He softly shut his eyes and set his glasses aside as he ran a hand across his face, his hand stopping on the nape of his neck. This was all too stressful for him, he just wanted a happy life; what had he done to deserve all this?

Tsubaki was going to say another thing but the way Kousei was staring at her (especially without his glasses because this is actually one of the first times she's seen him without them) and the way he softly spoke out his next words made her quiet.

"It's obvious you're pretty jealous now, Tsubaki...so...why not just say what you have had on your mind all this time?"

Tsubaki shut her mouth and avoided herself away from Kousei's gaze. "Um..." she glanced over to her right a little, "can you please put on your glasses?"

Kousei was confused but then remembered he had taken off his glasses so he just shrugged off why it bothered her before actually sliding them back on. "Okay. So...now shoot?"

Tsubaki let out a gasp of air and faintly whispered, "Okay...but keep in mind that these are my honest thoughts on...well...everything that I've been thinking ever since the two of us had walked along the shore at the beach..."

Kousei nodded once and made a gesture for her to continue on, thinking if he should prepare himself for what she has to say.

Tsubaki hesitantly turned herself toward Kousei and decided it was best to just quickly get it over with in case it's time for the four of them to get back to class.

"Okay. So, first of all...I..." Tsubaki glanced up at Kousei to see him staring her down as he awaited for her thoughts, it wasn't really making anything easier on her so she just decided it was better to look down and talk to the ground, basically. "First of all, I have always thought the two of us would stay together forever, y'know? I never really thought about how music would take you away from me so you could go to your musical course high school that's...away from home..." She glanced back up again to only see Kousei stare at the ground as well, listening or either not to what she's saying; even if he is not or if he is, she's still going to finally get rid of everything off her chest.

"S...second of all, I've always hated music for that reason...I always had, even when we were little kids..." She kept her eyes up to see if Kousei would have any reaction and he did, which was just one of surprise.

"Wait, so...you've always hated music?"

"Can't you tell?"

Kousei looked up in thought and was thinking really hard about all those times Tsubaki could have hinted hatred toward music, but he can't really seem to find any. But maybe she has but he's just been too dense to notice.

"Not...really..." Kousei looked back down to Tsubaki to see her clench her fists beside her.

"Well, maybe if you weren't so oblivious all these years then you would have noticed..."

"What was that?" Kousei really didn't hear her, he was too busy being in his own thoughts comprehending everything so far.

Tsubaki didn't want to lash at Kousei, she didn't really mean to, but he was being so...so...aggravating at the moment that she just couldn't hold it in any longer.