Chapter 15

Kousei left Kaori's room a few minutes ago, but he said he'd come back because he went to go eat something from outside.

That was a lie though, he wasn't going to go eat. He actually is going to get some caneles for Kaori and apologize to her in a little letter about the fight and everything.

He thought about getting caneles from her parents' bakery but he didn't know if she'd come out so he went out to get all he needed. First, he got the caneles from a bakery that gave out sweets and pastries. After he thanked the shop, he went out to go get a rose for Kaori. He had his wallet with him, luckily, and it wasn't too much yen spent so he didn't go broke. Even if he did, though, he wouldn't care as long as it was for Kaori.

He thought about writing a small letter for her in the flower shop but he wanted to go somewhere more calming to he went over to a cafe and took a seat by a window. He asked a worker for a pen and paper (getting a little flustered when they recognized who he was) and thanked them with a bow before going back to his corner.

He stared at the paper for a bit, thinking that maybe it can write itself but he knows it's not possible and he wants Kaori to really see how much he loves her so he thought the letter out.

He started writing out with a "Dear Kaori" on the top, later going into the topic of apologizing for what had happened yesterday morning. Then he went on to thank Kaori for taking care of him and thanks her for everything they've been through and ended it with a little heart and a little nickname. He blushed, not really sure where the nickname came from but it was accurate enough.

He read read over his letter again and sighed, hoping Kaori would accept it. He didn't mean to make it so long but it was fine. As long as it made Kaori at least happy and she knew she meant a lot to him it wasn't a problem that it's long.

~0000~

Kousei made it back to Kaori's house right before the shop closed and he was invited by her parents to stay over for dinner, even though he had tried to deny their insisting since he felt like he'd be intruding.

Kousei made sure to not make the dinner awkward, considering he himself was feeling awkward when he sat down on the chair. They all said said their thanks and ate, Kousei not sure how to interact even though he's known these people for quite a while, one of them being someone he's always with.

He didn't want to admit it, but when he ate he was eating faster than how he usually does, and that's because he hasn't eaten in a while after worrying so much over Kaori and trying his best to make her feel better and/or bring her back, and Kaori noticed. She frowned when she saw how hungry he seemed...she'll ask him about it after dinner or something.

There had been some small talk made and Kousei had kindly smiled through it all with answers and creating some small talk himself. Kaori's parents really showed that they were glad to have Kousei along with them and Kaori couldn't stop smiling the entire time when she noticed how happy they were to have him here, and it made her elated to know they accept him.

When dinner had ended Kaori took everyone's plate after they finished, even though Kousei had insisted he would do it but since he's the guess it wouldn't feel right.

Kousei stood up while Kaori went to the kitchen to do what she needed to do with with her mother and Kaori's dad came up to him.

"You're a really nice boy, Kousei." Yoshiyuki wrapped a heavy arm around Kousei and the teen just smiled. He continued. "Kaori is really fond of you, and so am I and Ryouko. It'll only be a matter of time before you're our son-in-law."

Kousei wasn't sure if he should blush or say something, but he decided to do both. "Ah...hehe, I really love Kaori so maybe that'll be a possibility but I don't know when... For now I just hope she and I can just stay together for as long as possible."