Chapter 11

Time skip D; sorry

{8 Days Later}

Kousei groaned. My birthday's tomorrow. March 28 is tomorrow. Kousei laid on his bed, contemplating if he should just get up and do something productive like play his piano for a while or just sleep a little more before someone comes in and wakes him up.

I'll go with the latter. It's 7 AM anyways, who wakes up this early on a break? Tsubaki is surely asleep, Watari is probably snoring as of right now, and Kaori is definitely asleep so I have no one to talk to or chat with anyways.

{3 Hours Later}

Kousei inhaled a sharp breath and instantly woke up, feeling very lost for like a few seconds before realizing he just woke up from a nap.

"How long was I out?" Kousei reached for his phone and squinted his eyes when the bright light flashed his awakening-eyes and checked the time.

"Huh, a three hour nap. 10 AM, as of now- oh my god."

Kousei widened his eyes a little and rubbed away the last of his tire until he was able to reach for his glasses and slip them on, rubbing the back of his neck nervously when he read that he had 4 missed calls from Kaori and more than at least 20 texts. From Kaori.

God, does this girl have any mercy for the space my phone is able to hold?

He opened the texts and was surprised when he saw a load of texts from Kaori telling him a happy early birthday but then the topic quickly escalated to her asking if he was alive and/or okay.

Man, she's probably really worried right now.

Kousei laid back on his bed and decided to give Kaori a call back to reassure her he wasn't kidnapped or anything like that.

A few rings hit his eardrums until the 4th ring and a teen girl's booming voice.

"KOUSEI! IS THIS YOU?!"

Kousei had to move his phone at least 5 inches away to make sure his hearing isn't lost for good before responding to his panicking significant other.

"Y-yeah it's me, and please don't scream so loud that even the neighbors over here can hear you. I know you're probably worried but I don't want you to lose that voice of yours."

Kaori sighed from the other line. "Okay. Sorry. I was just really worried."

"Well, thanks for worrying, I guess. But don't you usually wake up at 11 or something?"

A laugh can be heard from the line on the other side. "You know me so well. Yeah I do, but since it's your birthday tomorrow I wanted to be one of the first to tell you happy birthday."

"But it's tomorrow...?"

"Okay, okay, don't be such a pooper. I know it's tomorrow, Captain Obvious, but I just wanted to be the first to say happy early birthday. There, happy now?"

Kousei laughed and sat up from his bed. "Yes I am."

"You'll be turning 15-years-old tomorrow, right?"

Kousei slid off his bed until his feet touched the solid ground and sat on the edge. "Yes."

"Yay! You're halfway there to being on this earth for 2 decades."

Kousei made a face. "Ugh, I'm getting old."

Kaori started to laugh, and it made Kousei smile a little.

"Calm down, Grandpa. You're not even an adult yet."

"I know, but I'm almost there. And 'Grandpa'? We don't even have children yet."