Chapter 2

Kousei stared at the envelope with the kitty sticker holding it closed, Kaori's name written under it.

He was a little curious as to why she had a letter, but then when he turned it around he saw his name on the back.

This sparked his curiosity.

He wasn't sure if Kaori actually meant to send this to him or another Kousei Arima, but he doubts there's another person she knows with that name, it'd be too weird and confusing.

He was curious to the point as to wanting to open it, but he didn't know if Kaori wants him to or not...even though his name is clearly there and all over the back.

See, Kousei was just laying down in Kaori's hospital bed while she went to go practice a little walking with her physician on the rails and turned to his side and slipped his hand under the pillow for more comfort but felt a piece of paper called 'mail'.

So that's where it all led to this.

Kousei was about to slip it back under the pillow, despite his brain having different thoughts, but he heard the door open and in came Kaori with her physician. Kousei, being alerted, quickly shoved the envelope into the pocket of his blazer and made sure it wasn't sticking out before pretending he was just sitting there, staring out the window like Kaori does.

"Okay, thank you. I think I can handle it from here."

"Are you sure, Miyazono?"

Kousei turned his head to barely catch Kaori nod and stumble toward him.

"Y-yeah. I'm sure..."

Kousei noticed how she was struggling a little so he quickly got out of the bed and went over to help her before she fell to the ground.

"Okay then, call if you need help." The physician smiled at the two and closed the door, leaving the two alone with the outside world seeping through the large window pane.

After a couple seconds of silence, Kousei asked, "Can you stand?"

Kaori, not wanting to feel weak, nodded and used Kousei's shoulders to help her stand, but she couldn't make it halfway before collapsing and falling onto the floor again, gripping Kousei's sleeves and feeling him tighten his arms around her subconsciously.

Kaori chuckled dryly and said, "Seems like I can't..." The blonde-haired teen tried once more but Kousei didn't let her by saying, "Wait, Kaori...I-I'll help...just hold on and don't let go, okay?"

Kaori let out a little laugh while she gripped Kousei's upper-arms as they both slowly stood up. "You make it sound like we're in the Titanic."

Kousei, deciding to try and make the day a little brighter, laughed a little as well. "You're right, but luckily...no one is dying! R...right?"

Kaori thought Kousei looked a little adorable when worried so she flashed him a smile and nodded. "Right! Now, all sad stuff aside, let's get up!"

As Kousei tried to help Kaori up, he couldn't help thinking...that she isn't as light as before...and that reassured him a little more.

Once they were up and walking, Kaori spoke up.

"Hey, Kousei. Once I'm able to walk on my own a little better...can you promise me that we will play together again, as one?" Kaori sat down on the edge of her bed with Kousei's help and stared at him with longing her eyes. Kousei ignored that bit.

"Um..." Kousei looked down to the ground and bit his lower lip.

What if she collapses again? I wouldn't be able to handle all that again... But...this is Kaori. She's strong and brave and careless but beautiful and wonderful all the same...so...maybe she'll not. And besides—Kousei looked up and stared right back into her bright, blue eyes—she said she's all right. So I'm going to believe you, Kaori. Kousei slowly grinned, his eyes slowly shining with a glint of longing like hers, but he wasn't aware of it.