ch 1

Luna's POV

Beep, beep, beep.

I lift my head up from my pillow and look to my bed side table. Rubbing my eyes I groan groggily. My clock reads 7:00 AM, which means I have about an hour and a half to get ready for school.

Today's a Monday, so I feel like absolute garbage. Staying up until 4 AM every Saturday probably isn't the best idea, but I still continue to do it.

Stretching my arms out over my head, I get up letting out a moan before a yawn. I don't feel like doing anything today, let alone go to school, so I just decide on a light grey hoodie and black leggings.

Heading into the bathroom I step into my pants and slip on my sweatshirt. I've always been the kind of person to take showers at night, so that's why I don't decide to take a shower first.

I decide on only minimal make up today, meaning I put on one coat of mascara. After that, I put my long light brown hair into a messy bun, leaving some baby hairs and strands out. To finish off the look, I put some mint EOS on my plump, pink lips, and walk out into my room to slip on my white converse.

My parents are constantly away on business, and, when I say constantly, I mean constantly. I'm left all alone for about two months, and then they come back for about a week, just to repeat the process. They used to be around a lot more when I was little but as I grew older, they left me alone more.

They left about mid-day yesterday , and they'll be back in about three weeks.

I grab an apple from the fruit bowl on my counter, and take a seat on my couch. I turn on some SpongeBob Square Pants like usual, and watch for a little longer.

When I'm finished with my apple and a little more TV time, I check my phone and it reads 8:30. I hop up off my couch and head to my front door. Grabbing my car keys, I also sling my backpack around my shoulder and head out.

As I head out, I see my neighbor, Calum Hood, moving some stuff around in his mini garage. Calum's usually left home alone, too.

"Ow, fuck!" I hear him whine as some more rustling continues. I decide to go over to his garage to see what's happening.

"Hey, everything okay?" I ask him, peeking into his garage.

God damn, I forgot how hot he was. We've drifted apart from when we were little, and he was always consumed with his band practices. I looked at his biceps as he struggled to push a couch. His hair is that cute kind of messy, and his plump lips look like heaven.

"Hello, earth to Luna?" He waved at me, noticing that I was checking out every square inch of his tan body.

My cheeks begin to feel hot. "Oh, haha, sorry. Here, let me help you." I say, shaking away the blush creeping up my neck onto my cheeks.

He runs his hands through his hair, getting it out of his eyes. I couldn't help but look at him again, admiring his beauty. Before I could scan his outfit consisting of a plain white T and black jeans again, I took my gaze off of him as he leaned down next to me to push a reddish couch against the wall of his garage.

"So, what are you moving this for?" I ask him.

"Oh, well my band and I are going to start practicing in here, and I wanted to make it a bit more home like and comfy." He says, matter-of-factly, flashing me a cute, closed eyed smile.

I smile back at him. "Oh, I see. So, I can come and watch my favorite band play whenever I want?" I ask him, laughing at myself.

"Of course, it's even a free live show!" He exclaims, lightly punching my on the shoulder. Shit, I missed him. I missed him so fucking much.