ch 5

Luna's POV

I wake up to emptiness. Calum is gone from his previous spot of me in his arms. I rub the confusion and sleepiness away from my eyes as I look around his garage. He's not in here, either. I conclude that he's probably inside his house.

"CaIum, are you in here?" I ask him as I enter through the door.

"Yeah, come into the kitchen."

I do as I'm told. All is silent except the pitter-patter of my feet on the tile floor and the sound of the stove.

I walk into the kitchen to see him at the oven, stirring a pot of something on top of the orange flames.

"What are you making?" I wrap my arms around him from behind as I ask this question. He jumps in surprise, he must not of seen me coming.

"Oh, um it's our favorite from when we were little, remember?" He picks up a blue box of Kraft Mac n' Cheese, but not just any mac n' cheese, it has to be the ones specifically shaped like Spongebob Squarepants characters.

"No way!" I say, giggling.

He finishes stirring it on the stove and moves the pot onto the counter. I go to grab the milk from his fridge (the only way we like it), as he pours the cheese flavoring packet into the pot and continues to stir once again.

After about five minutes of perfecting our childhood, he grabs two blue bowls from his kitchen cabinet and scoops equal amounts into both.

"One for me," he places down a bowl at his seat. "and one for you," he places the other bowl down in front of me.

"Wait, you're forgetting something." I say, smiling at him. He must know what I'm about to say, since he's already fake gagging.

I stand up and go grab his ketchup from his kitchen.

"Awh man, you still haven't grown out of that??" He asks me while I cover my mac n' cheese in the red condiment.

"Come on babe, just try it." This has been his pet peeve all of his life. I've always grown up eating it this way, but he hates it. But, he's also never even tried it. "For me?" I give him my puppy dog eyes, there's no way he can say no to me now.

"Ugh, fine." He replies finally, after loads of begging.

"Yay!"

I put some of the ketchup on just a spoonful to start out with, even though I know he'll like it. He puts the bite into his mouth, and his eyes grow wide with lust.

"So?" I ask him, laughing.

"This is the most amazing thing I've ever tasted, other than my mom's pasta. But, still I feel like I've just died and gone to heaven."

I laugh my head off as he adds tons more to his orange pasta.

"See, I knew you would like it!!"

"I might like this even more than I like you." He replies, not even looking up at me.

I cover my heart with my hand as I let out a gasp. "Calum Thomas, tell me that's not true." He knows I'm joking, but he better love me more than ketchup and some noodles.

"But, it is." He says, finally looking up at me. He sends me a sideways smile.

"Oh no you did not." Before he can reply I open the bottle of ketchup once more and cover him in it. His mouth opens wide in shock.

"Oh, it's on!"

Calum spoons off some of he ketchup that's coating his brown hair with his hands and throws it at me.