ch 14

My face lights up as I sit on the couch in the garage, watching my favorite boys play their instruments to songs Calum wrote days before.

My phone buzzes as I look down at it, receiving a text from my parents.

We'll be home in 3 days, I love you. - Mom

Waves of both happiness and disappointment wash over me, leaving me confused. I've missed my parents, but I want to see Calum everyday. With school being over, they'll watch my every move, leaving me locked in my room for months.

Obviously, Calum can read my expression as whispers are exchanged before he walks over to me, his brows furrowed in a way that I grew to love.

I throw him a weak smile, but that doesn't fool him. He might be the only person I know who can tell my real smiles from the fake ones.

"What's wrong?" He asks. I know that I can't lie to him, because he'll see right through.

"My parents will be home in three days." I respond, his once confused facial expression even more confused.

"Isn't that good news, babe?" He asks me, his hand resting on my upper thigh. I jump out of his touch, but then calm down, knowing that it's the comfort of Calum.

"I know. I just want to see and be with you everyday. They'll trap me in my room, and if they ever found out about us, then they'd never let me leave the fucking house." I throw my hands up in defeat, only for them to be grabbed and held by Calum's.

"Don't worry, babe. I won't let that happen." He says, kissing my forehead.

The couch bounces back to the normal stiffness as he returns to the microphones and instruments in front.

The boys have a conversation about which song they liked the most, and land upon an original Calum wrote, titled Gotta Get out.

"Luna, listen to this. I wanna see if you like it." Calum says, I snap from my sudden spacing out on the ceiling as the boys start out the song.

Ashton's perfect rhythm on his box drum starts out the song, the acoustic guitars quickly joining in on the pattern.

Calum's free hands grasp the mic in front of his face as Michael and Luke are occupied with strumming to the beat.

Even when the sky is falling down,

even when the earth is crumbling 'round my feet.

Luke starts off, his talented voice pulling me into memories I don't like to think about.

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear the voice of my favorite person, a sound I have grown to love more than life itself.

Even when we try to say goodbye

and you could cut the tension with a knife in here

I smile at Calum, his eyes staring back into mine.

And if the earth ends up crumbling down to it's knees baby,

we just gotta get out,

and if these skyscrapers tumble down and crash around baby,

we just gotta get out,

I let the words surround me in my mind, swirling around my thoughts as my eyes shut. I focus on the sound and the beating of the drum, emphasizing the words and the meaning.

Whenever I open my eyes to look at Calum, his eyes are squinted, his neck stretched in effort. My eyes flicker to Luke every once in a while, only to find him already staring at me.

With a few deeps breaths and the help of Calum's reassuring eyes finally looking back at me, I take a few breaths, rewarding him with a smile.

we just gotta get out...

The music stops, and I stand up from my seat on the couch.

"That was so great guys!" I leap, hugging all of them, including Luke. I back away, giving him a shy smile.

"We're thinking of filming and uploading it tomorrow," Calum says, smiling at the guys. "We really hope everyone else thinks the same." He smiles back at me again, pulling me into another hug.

"Well, I know they'll love it! I'm so proud of you guys!" I laugh, sitting back on the couch with the boys following me.

"Soda pop, anyone?" Ashton asks, his hands full of Coca-Colas from the fridge in the garage.

"Thanks, mate." Calum says, taking two from his hands and giving one to me.

We all sit in comfortable silence, drinking from the aluminum cans filled with soda. Absentmindedly, I glance in Luke's direction, my face almost immediately glancing away due to the fact he was already looking.

"I should probably get home, I haven't showered in two days." I break the silence, crushing the now empty can and tossing it in the recycling bin.

"Bye, Luna. We love you!" Michael pulls me into a hug, Ashton grabbing Luke and joining in.

"I'll walk you there." Calum says, interlocking our fingers and guiding me through his yard into mine.

I take the key from outside of my doormat, and then unlock my front door, Calum putting it back underneath the rug.

"I will make sure that you will see me every day, okay?" Calum demands, his hands cupping my cheeks and lifting my face to make eye contact.

"Okay." I say, trying not to panic in front of him.

"I love you to the moon and back, Luna." He says.

"I love you more." I respond, his lips meeting mine.

He pulls away, and turns back for his house.

"Not possible!" He screams, right before entering his garage door.

"You bastard!" I laugh, watching for him.

"Sorry, I didn't hear that!" He screams, the sound of the closing garage door making me laugh even more.

"I love you, you bastard!" I yell again through a fir of childish giggles.

"I love you, too, you jerk!" He screams once more, the garage finally closing.

I close my door behind me, laughing all the way to the kitchen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOLY SHIT,

HI FRIENDS IT'S BEEN A FUCKING WHILE

NO I DIDN'T FORGET ABOUT THIS STORY AND YES I WILL CONTINUE TO UPLOAD, OBVIOUSLY

I  h o n e s t l y just H A T E s c h o o l

also,

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K FUCKING READS MY DUDES :-)

no but seriously, that means so much and I would have never though I would make it this far, it's a great accomplishment for someone who has a burning passion for writing

so,

thank you guys SO SO SO SO MUCH,

and I love you!