Chapter 1

Will it ever get better? Will this feeling ever go away? I can't answer that. All I know is that I must be strong for Mum, but how can I when there is no one left I can talk to? Chloe and Isabel stopped calling a couple of months ago, they've given up on me. I know this because when I'm at college they don't even glance at me anymore, or defend me from the bullies. But I don't need them. I don't need anyone. 

"Annie! Get your skinny arse down here or you'll miss the bus!"

Chill out Mum. I checked the time. It was 7:30. The bus got to the top of my road at around 8 depending if it hadn't broken down on the way. This basically means that I have a zero in ten chance that I'll catch the bus in time. Shit.

I grabbed my plain black rucksack filled with my folder and slung it over my shoulder, snatching a quick look of myself in the floor-length mirror that was leaning against my bare white wall. Well, at lest my hair wasn't an absolute disaster this morning. Grabbing a hairband, I quickly piled the masses of tangled mahogany hair and scrunched it up into a messy bun. That will have to do for now. Skinny jeans and a You Me At Six hoodie? Check. Black converse? Also check. I decided not to bother with makeup today, considering everyone hates me anyway, I have no one to look nice for.

I took the stairs two at a time, skidding into the kitchen at top speed. I hastily tugged the sleeves of my hoodie down. Definitely don't want Mum to see what I'd been up to last night.

"Here's some toast, eat it quickly and maybe you will make it for college. You won't have time to brush your teeth, so take some chewing gum with you. Have a nice day!" 

That was my lovely motherly advice for the day. She pretended that she had no idea what I was going through, but she did. Well, fat chance I was going to respond to that stupid comment.

Not even stopping to put my plate in the dishwasher, I grabbed a packet of gum from the counter and sprinted to the top of my road, just in time to catch the Bus of Doom. I hope today ends quickly.