Chapter 13

{Sorry I haven't updated lately, I've been working on my other story about 5SOS, feel free to check it out! Anyway, I'm hoping you'll like this chapter! Please review or vote if you like this story, much appreciated :) Xx}

Annie's POV:

I want him to kiss me.

Our breathing had increased and the car was suddenly very warm. Liam's hand came up to gently caress my cheek, before pressing his soft lips to mine. My eyelids fluttered closed as I took down my walls and opened my heart to emotion again. The feeling was indescribable; I had the butterflies in my stomach, the happy swelling of my heart and the tears of joy sliding down my cheeks.

It was all perfect until the flash of a camera broke our tender kiss. We both turned around in shock as the camera bulbs kept flashing and bodies swarmed around Liam's car.

"Shit!" Liam swore, jamming the keys into the ignition and revving up the engine.

"Liam, what's going on?" I whimpered, blinded by the flashing lights and scared by all the people banging on the windows.

"It's the fucking paparazzi, damn it! They ruin everything!" He yelled, before blasting the car horn to clear a path for us. The problem was, the paps weren't moving.

"Have it your own damn way then." Liam growled, before slowly inching forwards. My eyes widened in shock, he was literally going to run the paparazzi over.

"They'll get out of the way." He muttered to himself, while I clung on to my seat for dear life. I couldn't help thinking that I'd just kissed a madman.

Luckily, the paps soon got out of the way, and Liam accelerated down my street and past my house. I took a fleeting glimpse and saw that the lights were on, my mum's shadow just behind the curtains.

"We're going to have to drive around for a while, wait the paparazzi out." Liam told me without looking away from the road. I swallowed loudly and sunk back in my seat. How long would that take? Minutes? Hours? My mum will definitely kill me when I get home. Would the papers print those pictures? I would be seen kissing Liam Payne from One Direction, it would be all over then news and all around school! I should never have done it, my life will be even worse now! The fanbase will start sending me hate and people at school will bully me even more; that or people will pretend to be my friend just because of this stupid kiss. Who knew one kiss could change my life forever?

"Annie, what are you thinking?" Liam asked gently, his hand leaving the wheel to be placed on my knee.

"How my life is going to be changed forever. We shouldn't have kissed, Liam." I whispered, staring at my knotted hands in my lap.

"Do you regret it then?" He asked sadly, why was he sad? And did I regret it? Part of me does because my life will be even harder, but part of me doesn't because the moment was so magical and perfect. In short, I was totally confused.

"I don't know." I sighed, leaning my head against the cool glass of the window. I heard Liam sigh too, before placing his hand back on the wheel. My knee was cold from where his hand had been.

We drove around for twenty minutes before Liam cautiously pulled into my street. We both peered into the darkness but there was no paparazzi waiting for us, only my angry mother. We stopped a couple of houses down from mine and an awkward silence filled the car. I unplugged my seatbelt before reaching for the door handle.

"See you later." I muttered, before opening  the door and climbing out of the car.

"Annie?" Liam called. I turned around to face him, "Don't you want your bag?" He asked, leaning across the seat and holding my schoolbag out for me. I smiled timidly and took the bag from him.