Chapter 17

Annie's POV:

 I felt a soft pressure to my forehead and became aware of a warm presence beside me. My throat hurt like hell and it was painful to take deep breaths. Suddenly the past events flooded my mind; the kiss with Liam, the fight with my Mum, and the news headlines about me. I popped open my eyes and saw an upset Liam hovering over me.

  "Annie! Oh my God I was so worried about you!" He gasped, hugging me tightly into his muscular chest.

  "Can't-breathe..." I wheezed, tugging at the back of his top and trying to pull away from his strong grip.

  "Sorry." He whispered quietly, pulling away from me but still close enough that I could feel his breath upon my face.

 "I thought I'd lost you, you know," He murmured, looking deeply into my eyes "I was so worried about you. When you closed you eyes..I-I just-"

  "Shh," I interrupted, cupping his cheek in my hand, "I'm here now aren't I? Besides, I only passed out." I chuckled, trying to brighten up our conversation.

  Liam attempted to smile, but it failed miserably. Instead, he took my chin between his thumb and forefinger so that I had no choice but to look into his eyes. I don't know how long we sat there just staring at each other, but it felt like a lifetime. I drank every detail of his face in, the way his lips curved so seductively, the hardness of his jaw, his sculpted cheekbones, the exact shape of his nose, and how his eyelashes would gently caress his cheeks whenever he blinked.

  I noticed things about myself too, whenever I looked at Liam. My heart would race and beat relentlessly, heat would rise in my cheeks, and butterflies would soar in my stomach. I would find myself fantasizing about how he kissed me, and the way his lips felt and moved against mine. Whenever he touched me it felt electric, and I only wanted more. I never knew it was possible to feel this way, to be so completely fixated on one person that everything else faded into the background. It almost felt like...love.

  "Oh,um...I can see I'm interrupting something here." An awkward voice said from the doorway, causing Liam and I to snap out of our thoughts and move away from each other.

  "Oh, hi Harry." I said, feeling the awkwardness in the air. I shifted uncomfortably, wincing when I remembered how sore my behind was.

  "How are you? Niall told us you blacked out." Harry asked, moving further into the room.

  "Yeah, I'm okay. I guess I was just overwhelmed." I mused, picking at my fingernails.

  "I'll go and hunt down some food for us, Annie." Liam said, gently touching my knee before leaving. Who knew such a delicate touch could cause an electric reaction? My heart rate had dramatically increased, I needed to get a hold of myself.

  "So, not used to media attention eh?" Harry asked, taking up the spot next to me that Liam had just left. I looked up into his green eyes and forced myself not to drool over him. I mean, this was Harry freaking Styles! If I was my old self, I would be on the floor right now fangirling and spazzing around. But I'm not that girl so I can't think like that anymore. I collected my thoughts and lifted my chin as a sort of defence mechanism.

  "Well no, seeing as I'm not a celebrity." I said slowly, my words dripping with sarcasm.

  "Alright! I can see you're feeling better!" He smirked, holding his hands up in mock defence. He considered me for a few seconds before slowly running a hand through his gorgeous locks. Did I say gorgeous? I meant average, I cannot be sucked in by Harry Styles like 99% of all teenage girls. So instead of salivating like Harry probably expected, I just raised an eyebrow at him and crossed my arms. I wouldn't give in.

  Unfortunately, it seemed Harry wouldn't either. He proceeded to yawn widely and stretch, causing his black tshirt to rise up at the bottom and expose his lower chest. When that had no effect on me, he slowly bit down on his plump lower lip and I could see him flexing his pecks beneath his tshirt. Sadly, there's an accurate saying which goes, 'You can take the girl out of the fandom, but you can't take the fandom out of the girl' and this saying would explain why I look like a flustered tomato.

  I cleared my throat and looked down, pulling out the thread which was coming from my jumper sleeve. Suddenly, long fingers wrapped around my hand and effectively stopped it from its actions.

  "Don't do that, you'll ruin the jumper." Harry whispered and I looked up to see him  inches away from my face, his hand still enclosing mine. His sweet breath fanned my face and intoxicated me, and all I could stare at were his enchanting eyes and captivating mouth. I couldn't feel this way, I shouldn't feel this way. Yet, I had no control over myself as I leaned in towards him, closer to his pink lips, closer to his green eyes and triumphant smile.

  I wouldn't feel this way.

  "No, Harry." I said, planting my palm against his chest. I liked to think that my voice sounded firm, but in reality it was weak and it trembled. That's probably why his grin became bigger. He gracefully stood up and walked towards the doorway, pausing in the entrance and turning to face me.

  "Maybe not today, but someday. Someday you'll say yes." He said, before smirking again and walking away.

  I sighed and collapsed onto the bed, laying an arm across my eyes to block out the watery sunlight which was seeping through Liam's thin curtains. I couldn't be attracted to Harry because I was falling for Liam, wasn't I? Yes, because when Harry touched me, there wasn't the spark that Liam gives me. With Harry comes desire and lust, and that's all I felt. But with Liam, there was a passion and a gentleness that could only be described as love and old fashioned romance. That is what I needed, someone to look after me and to cherish me. I couldn't bear having my heart broken again. I don't think I'd survive this time.

  "Hey Annie, I have something to say," Liam tells me, resting against the doorframe, "The boys and I have been talking and we think that education is important, which is why we think you should go back to college tomorrow."

  My blood ran cold and real terror struck through me. If I went to college tomorrow, the bullying would be a lot worse, and it wouldn't just be the students but the teachers too. I couldn't do it, I would be ripped to shreds.

  "Liam, I-" I was cut off by a finger pressed to my lips. Liam had silently crossed the room while I was thinking about social suicide, so he was right beside me.

  "If you think I would let anything happen to you, think again." He whispered, looking at me intently.

  And then he kissed me.

A/N

Sorry I haven't updated recently but college has been mad!

Did you guys enjoy 1DDay? What were your favourite parts?  Mine was the workout video ;)

Thanks for reading! :) xx